When you think of Serbia what first comes to mind?

Serbia!

Most Helpful Girl

• I think of my husband, for sure!

I also think of great food, great Mediterranean weather, insane nightlife (you haven't been to a club until you've been to a club in Belgrade), a rich cultural history, awesome old buildings, the banks of the Danube river, and a McDonald's that has beer and wine on the menu (gotta love Europe).

I also think of a relatively young country that is still carving out an identity after years of war and political strife.

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, I've known several people online from Serbia, so I usually think of them.

I don't have a strong sense of Serbia. Most of my life it was Yugoslavia. The individual countries today don't have a strong identity with me. I picture the entire region as mountainous and forested. I'm an outdoorsy type and I always "picture" countries as geographical and natural features. I also picture the area as still having a fucked up soviet era economy.

A friend once told me if I'm ever in Serbia and my car breaks down, don't ask someone to push my car - because in Serbian it sounds like I'm asking for a blow job. Maybe someone who knows Serbian gets the joke :P (if i got it right)

What Girls Said 3

• That one ancestor in my family that was very *re*productive. 😂
    And, ofcourse, my last name. :")

• i think of musicbrain05's husband. she had mentioned he was serbian, if i'm not mistaken

• Yugoslav wars

What Guys Said 8

• I've been in Belgrade, Paracin , Nis, decades ago. It was rather boring then.

• Belgrade, kosovo

• hot pale girls for some reason

• This is what I think of when I think of Serbia, in order. 1) snow 2) sled dogs 3) Slavs 4) Secret agents/evil villains.

... I don't even know if it's cold in Serbia. lol.

• Emerged on top after the Balkan Wars, which frightened Austria-Hungary.
    Shared interests with Russia in the Mediterranean.
    Russia.
    Triple Entente.
    Axis Powers.
    Gavrilo Princip.
    World War 1

• You started WW1 pretty much and were involved in some shit in the 90's conflict in the Balkans.

• REMOVE KEBAB! SERBIA STRONG!
    i0.kym-cdn.com/.../76e.jpg