When you hear the words "alpha male" do you get a positive or negative impression?

• Positive
    23% (6)23% (5)23% (11)Vote
  • Negative
    77% (20)77% (17)77% (37)Vote
And you are? I'm a GirlI'm a Guy

0|0
9|9

Most Helpful Girl

• Yeah its used 99% by a shitty person

2|2
    1|0
    • It is supposed to be a positive thing but it is more often used as a way of saying I'm better than you.

• Show All
    • Thanks for mho!!

• Sure thing!!

What Girls Said 8

• I get a negative impression. The guys who call themselves alpha makes are generally douchey jerks.

3|1
    1|0
  • I can't add to what has already been said. hahahaaha

1|1
    1|0
  • it totally gives me a negative impression of that person tbh

2|1
    1|0
  • I get the exact same feeling I get when I hear young people say swag.

0|2
    1|0
  • Positive if it's said about someone. Negative if someone says it about themselves.

1|0
    0|0
  • It's positive to me. :)

0|0
    0|0
  • Seems more negative, like they think they are better than others.

1|1
    1|0
  • it gives me the "oh look a sexist jerk!" alarm lol

2|1
    1|0

What Guys Said 9

• I get a negative impression. Often times when I hear those words it is by people who disagree with my opinion and start calling me a beta male and them an alpha male along with some other harsh words. Considering how rude these self-proclaimed "alpha males" have been to me, I can't help but think of those words with a very negative connotation.

1|1
    1|0
  • My answer is Yes to both positive and negative impressions.

In the positive sense, Alpha traits make a male attractive. Most males exhibit them to one degree or another.

Men who claim to strongly exhibit such traits often use t

0|1
    0|0
    • In a negative sense: men who claim to strongly exhibit such traits often use there circumstance to their advantage. Acting without regard for others will get you labeled as a douche bag.

(Sorry that I fat fingered my submission, ignore the last fragment of the main opinion. Thanks)

• I think of it as a joke. Funny to hear. Like everytime a guy refers to alpha male status, I think of a dude wearing a lion or wolf skins, and going around like Beowulf grunting like an animal.

1|2
    1|0
  • I always imagine a wolfman leading a pack of wolfmans.

0|1
    0|0
  • pua dopes...

2|1
    0|0
  • Negative. Cuz that's competition

0|0
    1|0
  • Alpha male = Real man ;)

1|1
    0|0
  • Because of common internet usage (rather than what it ACTUALLY means), the connotation is negative.

1|1
    0|0
  • I think gorilla.
    A big hairy dumb lump of aggression.
    I know I'm not being fair to actual gorillas.

1|2
    1|0