Most Helpful Guy
Of Americans I would say it's true we are materialistic and status driven. It's true we are friendly, genial and extravagant. It's true we are more ignorant of what is happening in the rest of the world.
It's false there is more violence (there is more in certain places but it's a big country) or racism generally than in other countries.0
Most Helpful Girl
Some big stereotypes are
- we're very cheap. Which is true. We really are cheap bastards.
- we're very cold people. That's not entirely true. Depends where you are and what you're doing.
- we're rough mouthed. Which is true. We are indeed very rough mouthed
- the girls are easy. Not true. I don't think Dutch girls are easier. We just don't have the religious barrier but that doesn't mean we're easy.
- we complain a lot and especially about small things like the weather. True actually.
- everyone's on drugs and has tried at least drugs once. Not entirely true. I've heard that Americans use more drugs than us. I mean, I know quite some people who smoke weed but I don't think it's used that much. Just because weed is legal doesn't mean we all do it.
- everyone rides a bike. Very true. We have big bike traffic jams in the morning and pretty much everyone can ride a bike.0
- Show AllShow Less