Do you use green transport? Here are 200 people in 177?

Watch this out, it's shocking why don't we use more buses, trains and other GREEN TRANSPORT, I do use green transport usually bus.
Here are 200 people in 177 ...?
#becoolusegreen

What do you think, do you use green transport?

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 3

• I don't think you've ever experienced the London underground, lol.

• I was in London it was amazing :)

• I didn't have any problems, why is it awful?

• Because it's extremely expensive and the doesn't deliver the service you pay for. It's 3 times higher than the rest of the train prices in Europe. There are always delays and cancellations. That's exacerbated by the fact that it's usually teaming with hoards of inconsiderate pricks and there's no space to breathe, let alone move. As someone who has social anxiety, it's basically my nightmare.

• i can only se green transport im 20 and dont have a drivers license... basically i have no choice. but i dont mind it.

• Green is important for the planet. Biologists and enviromental scientists should promote more information about going green. :)

What Guys Said 8

• It's just not feasible in a lot of places. In places like the US and Canada the vast majority of the country was built after the invention of the car. Everything was built around that type of transportation. Things like the environmental impact of cars was not really considered until it was way too late to easily change it.

There has to be a certain density of population for mass transit to be feasible. Not just the population, but the places they go. Even places like malls with concentrated businesses in the immediate area is fairly new. Below a certain threshold it's more energy efficient and environmentally friendly to just use individual cars. It's like that where I live. With any kind of public transport, there just wouldn't be enough people going between the same two points to be worth it. Three people riding a bus doesn't help matters, it hurts it.

In large cities with high population densities, and concentrated businesses, stores, school etc. then it can work very well. But not out in most sprawling suburbs. The distances can easily be too far to walk. Riding a bike can get you a lot further, but it can be dangerous and the amount you can carry is limited. Plus large numbers of people are not capable of it.

Places like the US and Canada have vast open areas. When the countries were being settled it must have seemed like unlimited room. So they spread out, a LOT. After suburbs became the norm, with massive tracts of housing going in, it became even more spread out. You just can't rebuild the entire nation from scratch.

On top of that, there is a huge psychological and social factor. Asking people like Americans to give up their cars is like asking Germans not to drink beer. It's such a deeply embedded part of the people that it will take a long time to change. It's a type of personal freedom of movement that people are not going to give up readily.

• The big problem with public transport in the UK is it's so damned expensive. It never runs where you want to go! You have to think as well of the practicality of bicycles. They are only of use for relatively short journeys when there is only YOU to transport.

Green transport is all very well, but it is limited in it's usefulness. How many bags of groceries can you carry on a bus/train/bicycle? how many can you get in a car?

How many tools and ladders can you carry? How much luggage can you carry on a camping holiday?

• no matter what, people still use cars way too much, they drive alone, yet they could pickup some and go together, most of them are not even travelling.

#becoolusegreen

• There was a car sharing scheme at one time in UK. The one I'm thinking of failed miserably because there were rarely two people going from the same place, to the same place, at the same time. I believe most journeys are to and from work, to and from shops, to and from holidays or places of entertainment. There are so many rural places in UK without public transport, especially after the Beeching rail closures in the past, that there are no other options than the car!!

• I use the train to get to class because it's less costly and I'm in LA people don't know how to drive if their life depends on it because they're rude assholes and always in a hurry, hopefully they get fired... but when I do drive is for going out in the night

• and never drink then remember that

• I think it's ridiculous in most places in the US. I think about it a lot when I'm in traffic and think that there's probably only one person in each car. But I think it would be hard to implement public transportation because cities have to be planned with that in mind. A lot of places have shopping centers that are too far to bike to, and residential areas are too spread out for buses and rails to work.

• Sure, Its ''Green'' riding your bike to work

But its not fucking ''Green'' for the pile up of 500 cars behind your slow arse who are reving their engines in first gear trying not to stall ;)

• What are you going to do, tell people they are not allowed to own a car? What if their place of work is not close to the bus route. Cabs are more expensive than just driving yourself.

• Well I bus because I don't have a car and a bus gets me wherever I need to go.

• Damn good point, FUCK CARS!!