Should minors require parental permission to get an abortion?

• Yes, it should be required.
  • No, it shouldn't.

Most Helpful Guy

• Mmmh... tricky question. I would say if the mother is 15 or older, she should be able to go through with it without having to ask her guardians/parents for permission. However, if she's younger than that, the parents should have a say in it too. I've actually never thought about this to be honest because teenager pregnancies are basically a non-topic in my country... we have like 5 of them per year in the whole country.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I don't think so. Say what you want about how irresponsible the kid is, but if they get pregnant and their parents are abusive, the child could get seriously hurt or killed. At least that's how I see it.

What Guys Said 5

• no i dont think so and yes i am expecting to get some downvotes on this but i belive abortion is a human right for women and every woman should be entitled to a safe and free and no questions asked abortion. because lets say some woman god forbid gets raped and gets pregnant what happens if she has crazy christian parents that force her to go through with the pregnancy that we just be awful having to be forced to deliver that baby after being raped. and no woman should be forced to go through with a pregancy and be forced to give birth. i know i would never wanna be pregant or give birth but i feel that bringing another life into the world and delivering a baby is a huge decision and no one should be forced to give birth. Also dont tell me well there is adoption because adoption is a long and grueling process and not everyone will be lucky enough to get adopted. and not everyone will be able to find a good home its not like that show diffrent strokes were they got adopted by a rich white guy thats not how it works they could get adopted by some one who is an alcoholic and beats them. also lets say the teenager isn't comfertable with the idea of giving it up for adoption and she has to give birth while she is in highschool can you imagine that being like 17 and having a kid to take care off at the same time they may not be able to take care of the kid and its not fair for the kid to suffer and be forced to live in a bad situation. and also once you give birth and become a mom you're a mom for life and even if you give it up for adoption the mother will always worry that did i make the right move is that kid in a safe envirorment. so i am pro choice always have been and always will be and i believe that it should always be the woman's decisions whether or not she wants to give birth. And also if the women really wants an abortion and her parents won't let her she may choose to resort to an illegal abortion where that could potentially kill her. and also dont give me that crap that she's to young to make a decision like that because if she can have sex than she can definitely make her own decision. its her body and it should always be her decision.

• She clearly doesn't know how to make good decisions, the parents need to take control.

• Permission, probably not.

Notification, ABSOLUTELY.

• It wouldn't be given in most cases, and that would be unfair for both the kid and the young parents.

• minors should not get in that position in the first place... .

What Girls Said 2

• why are minors having sex? All im focused on right now is getting into a college my broke ass can afford.

• For the most part they do... Unless they're rich and spoiled.