Usually on here when people ask if you're afraid of dying, people say no. So why aren't you?
- Because it's just a normal part of life. nothing to fear about thatVote A
- Because i know im going to heaven when i die.Vote B
- Because i know im going to be reincarnated into something awesome in the next lifeVote C
- Because you simply cease to exist and there's nothing to fear about thatVote D
- Because im living life to the fullest now so that by the time of my death im ready for it.Vote E
- I don't fear it for a different reasonVote F
- I actually DO fear deathVote G
Most Helpful Girl
It's pointless to fear death. It won't change the outcome. I will eventually die. That's not the point - knowing you will die eventually shouldn't prevent you from doing anything special or important. Gotta make the most of the time that you have.5
Most Helpful Guy
A lot of people like to think an acceptance of death somehow gives them an aura of wisdom, it doesn't, there's nothing wise about fatalism.
I don't believe in God or an afterlife, I think death brings oblivion, so death terrifies me, but that's a good thing. It means I have to live this life as well as I can, because there are no second chances, and that I value life, because whilst there's life there's hope, and I won't throw that away thinking I'm going to get some sort of mystic payoff at the end of it all, the only way I'd ever sacrifice the remainder of my life would be to save what I love in this world.
'Do not go gentle into that good night.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. '