Why don't you fear death?

Usually on here when people ask if you're afraid of dying, people say no. So why aren't you?

• Because it's just a normal part of life. nothing to fear about that
  • Because i know im going to heaven when i die.
  • Because i know im going to be reincarnated into something awesome in the next life
  • Because you simply cease to exist and there's nothing to fear about that
  • Because im living life to the fullest now so that by the time of my death im ready for it.
  • I don't fear it for a different reason
  • I actually DO fear death

Most Helpful Girl

• It's pointless to fear death. It won't change the outcome. I will eventually die. That's not the point - knowing you will die eventually shouldn't prevent you from doing anything special or important. Gotta make the most of the time that you have.

Most Helpful Guy

• A lot of people like to think an acceptance of death somehow gives them an aura of wisdom, it doesn't, there's nothing wise about fatalism.

I don't believe in God or an afterlife, I think death brings oblivion, so death terrifies me, but that's a good thing. It means I have to live this life as well as I can, because there are no second chances, and that I value life, because whilst there's life there's hope, and I won't throw that away thinking I'm going to get some sort of mystic payoff at the end of it all, the only way I'd ever sacrifice the remainder of my life would be to save what I love in this world.

'Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light. '

Dylan Thomas

• Wow this answer is quite beautiful. Including how you delved into the fact that the only way you'd sacrifice your life is to save what you love most. You also mentioned how as long as there's life there's hope. The fact that life is finite drives you to want to do what you can with the time you have, and to live without regrets.

Much respect from me man. I couldn't say it better myself or as concise as you did.

What Girls Said 15

• I voted for the last option... but it's not entirely true...
    I fear what comes after it - i. e. - if there's nothing after it then I'm scared. O:o

• But then, what if its something like hell? isn't that scarier than simply not existing anymore?

• @asker i believe there's no worse punishment than not-xistin anymore... being in hell at least u xist... u can think at least... but absolute vacant space? sounds scary as fuck bro o_O

anyway that's just me

• @Klaatu51 i just... wow lol.

• I am not afraid of death because after death - there is nothing you can do about where you go (as far as I know anyway) but I do try to make a good life for myself so I can go to heaven after I die. I had dreams about hell A LOT when I first became a Christian and this knowledge that hell was real was what drove me to persevere when I was going through hardships and struggles - I knew if I gave up too early - I would go there.

• I don't know how to answer this.
    I'm not afraid of death itself. Death is ceasing to exist. That's not so scary.
    But the idea of dying young is terribly tragic and sad. I don't want to die young. I want to live my life.
    The idea of those I love dying though is terrifying and sad.
    And the way one may die is even more terrifying than death itself can ever be.

• Only good thing about death for me is that I may meet my mom again.. 😊

• Death is nothing to fear, either you go somewhere, or your mind won't be there to know that you didn't.

Besides, this world is going to shit anyways, at least I'll be gone before it really goes down.

• Because it is the most real thing. No need to be afraid. It is there. WE need to accept.

• I don't fear death because I believe in God, and my faith has made me realize that after death there's only eternal life in heaven

• I do fear death because it can happen anytime and there are so many things I want to do before dying. But at the same time it also fascinates me on what might happen to me after I die.

• Because I'm not 87 years yet.. so death is not around the corner... yet lol

• Ummm, i do fear it

• because anything is better than this

• because its gonna happen one day and no one can avoid it

• because we all die

• Who says I don't? I'm terrified of it.

What Guys Said 23

• 1|2
  • No, I am not afraid of death. I have a kind of speculation that I am here for a reason and I cannot die without accomplishing/conquering the objectives.

Death is inevitable. We all will die in the end so, what's the point in spoiling the life in the fear of death? You are after all, calling it by making your cognition unstable because of this.

Stay happy and make the littlest moments of your life... forever!

• I don't necessarily not fear it. I've just made peace with it. Sooner or later, death will come for all. We don't know when or how, just that it will come.

As a Catholic, I pray the Rosary every day. There are 54 Hail Marys prayed. The Hail Mary's closing line is "... pray for us sinners now and at the hour of death." What's helped me with this reality is my belief in Mary's intercession.

• If anything, death is good, in my opinion, like if it happened (of course, in a humane way). I stress way too much in life. I would be taken out of my misery.

Nor suicidal, but I am just saying, that I am not afraid to die at all and if anything, in my opinion, that's a positive occurrence, because I won't have to deal with anything or any feelings I don't want.

• in my opinion being dead isn't a big deal. The way it happens can be horrible and missing the possible rest of your life is /can be a loss.
    No fear of death here.

• I don't fear, what I understand.

Death, is simply another phase in our existence.

A means, to a new beginning.

• I believe in an afterlife which in turn makes death not so scary. There is the chance of me going to hell, which is a scary thought, but I'll take whatever I deserve. Besides, death happens to everyone one day. Even if I didn't believe in heaven/hell what could I do about it? I will die. You will die. Everyone everywhere will die. It's just a fact.

• I'll be honest and put it like this: I do fear death. But I don't give a shit about that fear. When it comes, I'll be afraid most definitely. But until then, meh..

• The thought of ceasing to exist doesn't make me afraid. More like annoyed if it stops me from finishing doing things, but not afraid.

• I'm not scared of death because it's just death. Theirs nothing for me after, nothing scary, nothing painful for me (aside from the last breath part). I also see it as a gateway to acknowledge you for all your struggles and obstacles you've overcome in life to rest peacefully now without pain or thought. Just peaceful stillness.

• We all have some level of fear about it, but yeah, I'm not the type to worry about it.

It's gonna happen; it is what it is. I just pray that it happens when I'm an old grandpa and I go in my sleep.

• The only thing I fear is to die before fulfiling my life purpose whatever that may be.

Otherwise my response is as follows

Only when it's finite can we call it life.
    There is no life unless there is death.
    Without death all we have is an accumulation of random events.

Code Geass Season 2 Episode 15 C's world. I paraphrased the last sentence but other than that it is quite accurate.

• I don't fear death because my life sucks. Whatever is waiting for me in the afterlife is probably better than the crap I'm going through right now.

• I am actually afraid of death.

• I don't fear death i fear the cause of death.

• Umm, fuck yeah I fear it. U see a piano above me and I'll be careful in my steps.

• Not death itself, but dying when you haven't lived life to the fullest.

• depends... there is no heaven or hell, and if there was, then who says on what grounds a person goes there?

• It's not death I fear of. It's the pain of dying that I'm most afraid >.>

• i fear death

• everyone fears death. people who say they don't are just lying little shits

• that's why : Because im living life to the fullest now so that by the time of my death im ready for it.

Partying, going out with FRIENDS and turning off all that shity electronics.