Would you live your life differently if you were 100% certain that heaven and hell were real?

Would you change anything? Do you believe heaven and hell are real? Do you believe it is anything like what the bible , the Quran or the Bhagavad Gita suggest t is?

Most Helpful Guy

• It would be so different that there is no way I could ever answer. It's like asking what I would do if I lost my legs... I just don't know.

What Guys Said 8

• Here in Belgium they have the wrong tradition to make the catholic belief far too "mandatory" at school: children MUST pray, they MUST go to church,...
    If the catholic belief would be promoted instead, there would be some people inside the churches and some young people interested to become priest.
    To make things worse, there have been hundreds of cases of child abuse by clerics and the church has denied the issue for over 30 years.
    That is: until it blew in their faces. Now, people turn their back on the Catholic church.
    I've had my share of church visits when I was young, and it felt like and obligation. So I support the moral behind the catholic belief but will only visit a church for a wedding or funeral.

• The idea of heaven and hell in various religious traditions are are so patently absurd I have difficulty conceiving how anyone could have ever taken them seriously. Read Mark Twain's "Captain Stormfield's Visit to Heaven" for an excellent send up of the ideas current in is own day.

• I probably wouldn't.

If I were to live any differently, I wouldn't
    be living life to it's fullest.

That, and death doesn't scare me.

• If I knew for sure

Yea of course, I wouldn't be afraid of anything... because I'd kmow whatever happens there's an afterlife 100%

• I probably wouldn't, I didn't do anything in life which I think of would be really bad. And I do believe in some parts of certain religions, but I don't believe in everything which is suggested in the holy books.

• nope, not at all

• good question. the point is, even if hell and heaven didn't exist i would live as a christian. no regrets in a christian life.

• Maybe, but I don't believe in bible or quran... I'm an atheist, but Bhagavad Gita is quite wise book, I like it, as well as Vedas and Tripiṭaka.
    Heaven and Hell are not very realistic in my opinion, but reincarnation is a bit more possible.

• Why do you feel reincarnation is a bit more possible?

• Because, in order for humans to enjoy/suffer - you have to be in physical body. Reincarnation puts you back in the material world. Heaven and hell are not realistic because you cannot enjoy in heaven, or get tortured in hell - without a physical body... soul is not material... it can't be mutilated or tormented in any other way.

What Girls Said 1

• Nope. I wouldn't change anything. Let me make it short: I'm an atheist.