Are mbti personality types for real?

And what is your ideal mbti personality type match?

I'm an ISFP and most of the things make sense except the being really nice and caring part. It also says I would be best matched with an ESFJ or ENFJ guy. Is this for real? What if I don't end up with the right personality type?

Most Helpful Guy

• Quizzes I've taken seem to always point me towards INFJ. From everything I've ever seen on INFJ, I match the descriptions spot on. It's almost scary how accurate it is. xD
    ------
    According to a website for compatible relationship tips from www.personalityrelationships.net/.../ ...

"There are four primary Myers-Briggs personalities that seem to get along best in INFJ relationships. One such personality is the ENFP (extravert, intuitive, feeling, and perceiving). This personality shares intuitiveness yet the extravert trait is a nice complement to the “protector” persona. ENTP (extravert, intuitive, thinking, perceiving) is another personality type that gets along well with the INFJ for the same reasons. INTJ (introvert, intuitive, thinking, judging) displays many of the primary personality traits as the INFJ and will likely be more understanding and accepting of an INFJ’s “ways.” By the same logic, the fourth most suitable personality type is another INFJ."
    -------
    I would say that the link is pretty accurate for me. I like to listen to people and give advice. I become very loyal to people and stuff, yet I feel I can be a bit sensitive to things. It is difficult for me to get relationships though (I've been single my life so far lol).
    -------
    -------
    As for you, you should know that these tests and compatibility or only suggestions. If you don't end up with the right personality type, that is alright. These are merely suggestions. They are "best matches." They are not required matches. There are so many possible combinations for people in the world today that worrying about personality types is completely unnecessary. Just focus on finding someone you like and go from there!

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm an ISFJ. Everything about it fits me and makes sense. I've MBTI tested a few other close friends too. My boyfriend is an ISTP, his brother is an ISTJ, my best friend is an INFJ. Their descriptions fit them spot on too. Obviously, there are some people better suited for each other than others, but you shouldn't worry too much about MBTI when dating, just go with someone you work well with and ignore the type.

What Guys Said 6

• Well it's a type of classification system that tries to align you in one of 16 groups. It's "for real" as much as it allows itself to be, just like how you can be placed on the Eysenck scale

http://www.alleydog.com/images/eysenek-wheel.gif

Or the SLOAN Global-5 typology

sloanreview.mit.edu/files/2012/03/toegel-s2.jpg

Technically it's not 150% rocket science at all times and stuff, but it does give a general idea about some parts of you. I think it's more informative to just get to know someone, though.

• I always get matched as an introvert (I'm somewhere along INTJ and INFP) but I personally just don't trust people at first; but I kinda doubt I'd be all that well with a full-fledged extrovert. But who knows, maybe I just haven't met the right one?

• Is that typology for real?

• I think there's a lot of truth to them but not infallible. I'm an INTJ and I do fit A LOT of the data for INTJs but not everything. As far as dating a certain other personality type I'm not sure, I don't get the girls I date to take the test.

• I'm ISFJ and I think everything that was listed was true (which was a little bit creepy lol). So I think everything is pretty true.

• Even the idea mbti personality type matches part?

• I'm an ENFP, Yes I believe for the most part they are spot on

• Even about the ideal mbti personality matches part?

• I believe that anyone can click despite personality types

• That makes sense

• I am an INFJ which was surprising how it perfectly matched up with me, especially the sections about activism and humanitarian efforts.

What Girls Said 3

• I'm an INFP. I don't really know my matches. But it all seems pretty legit.

• I'm ENTP most times. Sometimes i get ENTJ but that doesn't fit as much and i rarely get that.

• Do you think it's for real and that it's actually legit?

• I think it's real but that doesn't mean you can't date someone that isn't in your "best to date" personality list. It doesn't say everything about you.

• MBTI isn't scientific, but still pretty accurate. As to whom the best mate would be for each type, well, there exist many different opinions, I wouldn't put too much weight on that. Although that I think it is best to stay on your side of the N/S-divide, because on the different outlooks on life they have. You should at least have that in common. Other than that it comes all down to the question whether you think "opposites attract" or "birds of a feather flock together"