What comes to your mind first when I say, 'I am a Feminist'?

Be honest :)

@DanHart : thank you for the idea of this question.

Most Helpful Guy

• The first thing that popped in my head when I saw "feminist" was a lot of GAG questions, many hating on a particular gender and being very bitter. Because of that, I feel like my perception of feminism has gotten a bit negative of a connotation now.

However, I do believe in equal rights to an extent. I believe in equality for men and women, but I disagree the approaches some "feminist" organizations take to matters. Granted, these are probably the radicals at work. Nevertheless, the radical feminists spreading "manhate" are ruining the word feminism for the real feminists who believe in truly equal rights. I agree with feminism, just not the radicals.

What Guys Said 38

• I don't really care. I see a lot more questions about Feminist and stuff on this site a lot more than when I first joined GaG. I don't see why so many people have such a problem with the beliefs of strangers? I say good for you either way @zell0is0my0name.

• Yeah I know, idc about the opinions of strangers on net.. Doing it as a test. To see what kinda responses I'll get LOL

• does not tell me much, since I have known many feminists with many different opinions. What are you really asking? Are you asking what a male might think if you state, right off the bat that you are a feminist? Then ask that question. Personally, I would be more interested in a person who would have an open enough mind to discuss views and listen to people who had differing opinions, even if they both disagreed.

• Good for you.
    I'm an egalitarian myself so.

• Generally I think of girls who are really condescending.

this doesn't apply in yur case tho

• I AM ABOUT TO GO TO TOWN.

What comes to my mind is hypocritical women who want equality but request that men pay for the first date, the house bills, want romance but don't want to give sex, want to be assertive in the workforce but submissive at home, women who advocate for single sex female colleges (which is by definition sexist), women who don't want other women to serve in the draft, even though men are required by law to, AND now women can serve in all combat roles in the military because FEMINISTS fought for it, women who find the assertive dominant man sex but then want to be assertive and dominant themselves, women who find men crying to be unmanly,

TAKES DEEP BREATH

Women who want men to earn more money than them to support them but then want careers of their own, women who say they are constantly objectified in the media but then when it happens to men, they say it has happened to us all of the time (either you are for objectification or against it), just because it is done on men doesn't mean you can change your position on it,

• FU%^&*# HYPOCRITE

• the only thing that includes me is paying for the first date because if you take out 5 women in a week and each date is 40 that is 200 a week

• also the damning gender roles of men expecting to earn more puts a massive pressure on us and yet we can't pressure you to be the breadwinner

• Something like this (sorry)

vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/.../latest

• Ha-ha it's okay, i'm not like that :)

• As long as you aren't
    a female chauvinist.

I'm all for a world of balance
    though chaos is what makes
    the world fun..

I don't see why people give different
    requisites to men and women in the first place.

Although.. even though they are allowed to do it
    I still find men in feminine clothes to look weird
    that's not really my thing. ^.~

To be totally honest, I find it unfair that
    girls has such a wide variety of fashion
    whereas guys fashion is relatively limited.

• static2.fjcdn.com/.../...80ba2ad59a94f06d24703.gif

encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images

www.quickmeme.com/.../...be3f325481c7ea29fc64b.jpg

Pity so many idiots have ruined the reputation of those who actually can make progress.

• I think you are a cool person. I am also a feminist.

• RUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN!!!
    http://i.imgur.com/uBD9GQb.gif

• Hmmm...
    "That you're a feminist"
    Nothing else
    I'm stupid 😶?

• Do you support feminism?

• Yep you can say that I'm a feminist but I don't support it's org or the way of protest... but You and Me are equal 😊

• You hate men.

• I don't, lmao :D

• Lol and I believe you. It's just every time I here of someone being a feminst, the phrase "you hate men" just pops up in my head.

• It's okay :)

• Whatever. I'm for equality honey.

• Lost faith in humanity. Being blocked on deviantart. This one guy who I gave *scientific facts* to, and accused me of trying to invalidate a certain group of people. People who think anyone who disagrees with them is automatically either a misognyst or a victim of misogny.

• Good for you, I'm also for equality :)

• girl doesn't want equality at all... they want rule over everything...

• I wonder if she's the fanatic kind of feminist or not.

• I'm an egalitarian personally so as long as your version of Feminism is not anti-men and about female superiority (feminazism) then I'm fine with your beliefs.

• It isn't :)

• very understandable. I would also get pissed to have my best friend killed simply because he was demonstrating for equal rights. However, no black person started off saying that he/she feels superior to whites. It was WHITE, conservative middle aged men who got their panties twisted at the thought of having to give these dirty negroes equal rights. So they started running around spreading lies about them. And because they were doing it for long enough, the whole country started believing it because finally, how can it be false if so many people say it?
      The exact same thing is happening with feminism. No proper feminist ever said she feels superior to men. It's male assholes who get all panicky about the idea that they could lose their privileges. So they go around and spread lies about feminism and feminists. And now, after having it done for many years, the whole countries believes this bullshit. Because again, how could it be false. Well, guess what: even if a million people stand

• around a lump of poo and scream "it's gold! it's gold!" it still remains poo.

• I think
    "Ooo I may have that yogurt I left in the fridge!"

It doesn't bother me o_O

• Whaaaaat?

• Pretty self explanatory
      What you chose to associate with.. doesn't bother me... so why would I pay it any mind?

• Was just curious. Thanks :)

• uh oh... here we go again.

• What? You hate feminists?
      Say what you want, idc

• I don't hate feminists. I just don't buy into their bullshit. I am very pro gender equality, but I am also very anti feminist.

• Someone who has a lot of pride in being a female and takes everything too personally, and gets offended by everything.

• ┬┐What do I think when someone says they are a feminist?
    First thing that comes into my head is:
    "Finally, someone who agrees with me!"

• I would just think you support female rights :)

• I like to assume she's the kind of feminist that I am. Someone who wants equality.

• Misandrogenist

• Whine ass.

• I would think, "I am too."

• A type I know and dislike.

• For equality.

• arrogant prudes. though, i wish it didn't.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 13

• I think that's great.

However , I hope you're really someone that is for the equality of females instead of a person who twists every situation and turns it into sexist.

I know you're probably not that way but so far that is what my observation on this site speaks

• It makes me think: "I am a person who focuses solely on the issues of a single gender."

• I think "are you a feminist (equalist feminist)? if so awesome i fux with you *thumbs up*

and/or are you an illogical radical feminist? if so….. kill yourself…jk.. i think

• Equalist, you can say..

• Yeah I call myself an equalist, I detest the term feminist

• What you believe isn't any of my concern. Therefore, I am neutral about it.
    However, as for my personal regards towards modern feminism, I say that it is in need of serious reform; in need of correcting its excesses and in need of repudiating the abundant quantity of victim propaganda.

Women in the United States and in Western Europe are the most liberated and freed in human history. Women might not be doing as well as men, but better. So why are those in the women's movements still so dissatisfied? Modern feminists hardly acknowledge women's process. Feminists claim that the fact that most women reject the activist brand of feminism and prefer to view themselves as free is proof of how just entrenched patriarchy and inequality really are. Throughout past years, these activists make claims about women and violence, depression, eating disorders, workplace injustice, etc to support their views. However, it has been proven countless times that much of the supporting evidence, mostly victim statistics, is misleading, and sometimes even flat-out wrong.

Furthermore, American college women are arguably the most liberated and fortunate beings on the planet, yet in their Feminists theory classes, they're likely to learn that they are tyrannized by men. The more advanced the school and the higher the degree, the more likely they are to take this feminist propaganda seriously.

I believe in equality, which is why I believe in egalitarianism. Despite feminist claims of "Feminism" being synonymous with "Equality for All Sexes," I have never once seen any solid proof of these feminists ever discussing men's issues or rights.

• Feminism is not a word for equality for me because they just work on the topics dealing with women. What about the sexist issues for men. Like how they can't be sensitive because that is not "manly", or domestic violence is a two way street because "men aren't allowed to hit women." That sexist remark makes it hard for a man to fight back against a woman that is beating the crap out of him. I just think feminism doesn't deal with equality because they don't help those issues of men, just women.

• Feminism actually does deal with those issues...

• @Sara413 No it does not, believe me the day I am not expected to pay for the first date, I will cry, the day I can cry in public, I will dance, the day I can't get hit by a woman, I will rejoice, the day women stop criticizing men for objectifying them and THEN doing it back to us, is the day we will be at peace, they day women have to register for the draft is the day, I say I am sorry to feminists, the day ALL female colleges are taken down, is the day I will support you (since BY DEFINITION you are only expecting a person based on their gender, that is LITERALLY SEXISM), so no you are so completely wrong, it is incredible.

• honestly, this went through my mind:

"ahhh I just hope you're not a extreme feminist or something like that"

• Equality and that people are stupid for thinking that feminists are man haters. I am a feminist and I quite enjoy men.

• Glad to see another Feminist here :)

• Funny to see all the misconceptions people have. But seriously, what did you expect when you asked this question?

• I don't know, some positivity? Too much too hope I guess..

• Yeah it was, I'm hating this question right now.

• You can disawow it.

• I'm loud and proud. I can grow a beard too.

• *sighs for eternity*

• that you defend women.

• Oh god...
    ...

• i say good for you!