Have you ever experienced Math Anxiety?

Have you ever experienced math anxiety even with basic math? I had a friend ask me to come help out with a farmers market, not realizing how busy and stressful it would be; I didn't know the prices of things and I kept forgetting them and It just brought on a lot of anxiety which caused my mind to just go blank at times when adding or subtracting. I had never experienced anything like that before, is this common? I am not even sure what to say about it, it was definitely the most embarrasing situation ever!

Most Helpful Guy

• Me and a friend of mine both have similar feelings. I'd like to think I'm a reasonably intelligent person, but God knows do I suck pretty hard at anything but some of the most basic Maths, so it's definitely a situation I try to avoid.

Most Helpful Girl

• I had anxiety in high school cause I was on the verge of failing in grade 10 math. In grade 12, I got a B+ in math and got into a top school.

What Guys Said 1

• Arithmetic I wouldn't even consider Math, really, and a lot of other mathematicians don't, either. I get anxiety from having to do simple arithmetic, but writing proofs in Abstract Algebra is very relaxing for me.

What Girls Said 2

• Oh yess i used to get 25;30/100 but now we have a really hot math teacher so i don't get less than 85 now yea magic 😏

• I can relate to this so much , like if I have a test and I know I'm not the strongest math student. I have gone blank before ! Trust me you are not alone...