What’s the purpose of ironing your clothes?

Do u even iron?

Never understood this…after all once u wear ‘em they’ll go wrinkled anyway…. so wot’s da purpose of it?

Most Helpful Girl

• I never thought about it seeing as I don't own an iron myself.

Most Helpful Guy

• To pretend to be neater and more fashionable than we actually are...

What Girls Said 7

• Hate to iron. Had to do it a lot when I was younger. I can remember the scent of the starch that I sprayed to form the creases and pleats in the clothing... *shudders*

• I never iron. Really, I think I've ironed maybe once since 8/22/14. But I did want an iron to take back to college with me.

• Are you criminally insane?

• its kind of like making your bed, you're going to sleep there and mess it up anyway! I think the purpose is just to look presentable

• Neater and presentable

• To get the wrinkles out of your clothes.

• ikr! like why...

What Guys Said 12

• You need to iron your undeerwear so there are no wrinkles to make you uncomfortable. And be sure to use lots of starch.

• They don't become wrinkled when you wear them. They only become wrinkled if you are very rough with your clothing. If you dry your clothing and quickly fold and put away then you don't have to iron. Now let's say, you take your clothes out of the laundry and keep it in the basket for 3 days, now you need to iron them to look neat. Drying out in the sun also requires ironing for that neat look. Ironing also dries the clothing if it is still wet (just a little wet). And when you need to have an important meeting, you should iron to remove any major noticeable wrinkle. I iron only on special meetings or a planned party. I don't care about walking around with wrinkled clothing.

• Nothing, to get wrinkles out just put them in the dryer for a short time then hang dry the rest of the way or if you're too lazy for that just stick them in the dryer for a bit before wearing. Of course this applies to clothes that need to be ironed cause wrinkles wouldn't fly with em, for tshirts and all no need.

• I don't iron my clothes. Waste of time.

• Why wipe your ass if you're gonna shit again anyway?

• if u didn't wipe yer ass then u'll stink

• If you didn't iron your shirt you'll look unprofessional

• eh so wot? i don't wear shirts anyway

• My clothes don't get that wrinkled from being worn, they get wrinkles from being in the laundry basket and a jumbled pile of fresh laundry.

I do iron, but just work shirts. It's a sign of good presentation and hygiene. It makes a difference (and the shirt in the picture isn't even that well ironed)

www.kawaiikakkoiisugoi.com/.../01_img_01.jpg

• It's to straighten them out so that when you put them on they will be nice and pressed and you will look presentable (yes I know I messed that word up)

• I am very ordered - I dislike wrinkled clothes

• I use to iron my clothes but got away from it now i will wear wrinkled clothes ,

• Its for like business clothes they get flattened easily

• To get the wrinkles out.

• Wearing ironed clothes helps you get laid.