Is Israel America's greatest ally (best friend)?

Is Israel America's greatest ally (best friend)? Or is it Canada? Maybe UK? Germany? Or France? Who do you think is America's best friend?

• Israel
  • Canada
  • UK
  • Germany
  • France

Most Helpful Girl

• Israel needs the US more than the US needs Israel. The amount of money that America spent on Israel is tremendous.

• Israel is nothing without America. But they are probably their closest allies though.

• Let it be :) If having your own opinion regarding some subjects and not having to bow down to Zionists and lick their asses makes me a "Terrorist sympathizer" , then yes, I am a terrorist sympathizer.

• You're a brave woman miss

Most Helpful Guy

• As everyone know, America's best friend is Israel. America always support Israel about anything (military, weapon, money etc..)

What Girls Said 4

• America's "BFF".. I'm going to have fun with this one, bear with me.

America's friend Canada lives right next door. They're the ones who they always lend out their lawn mower, they've got extra sugar they can borrow, they're friendly and hospitable. But whenever America needs help with something like moving a trailer out of the garage, Canada doesn't really have a big family and says, "Okay.. um.. me and my brother Bob can come help." America says, "That's not enough guys." They can't get too mad at Canada because they have a hot sister you want to try and go out with.

America's good buddy UK lives a bit further away. It's not like they can just take a quick trip to spend time with them, but over the phone and in letters, the UK seems strong and intelligent. Sort of like Little Man Syndrome, they seem fierce. (Little country, much strength.) America asks for help to move the trailer, but the UK responds back in terrific detail with diagrams and arrows how to get the trailer out of the garage that is sure to work. America can't really read the diagram, and dismisses it.

America calls on France. They have a bit of phone sex and America is convinced that France will call on help from their friends to help with this trailer. After France says they love them and hopes to see them in person some day, they decline saying that they can't help at the moment, they have to do their hair. America gets angry saying, "Hey I thought we had something going!" France says yes, but maybe another time. They blow a kiss and tell you to write soon.

Germany wants to help with this trailer. But they ask for $100000000000 in order to do it. They're strong and capable, but America thinks favours should just be done for friends for free. Germany says, "We're here if you need us, and we'll come vacation over to your country five times a year to see you, and maybe when you know how to do business we'll talk."

America finally goes through their rolodex to find Israel. They didn't want to resort to Israel, but here goes nothing. The one friend they never see or talk to and they dread calling. America calls, and says, "Hey Israel, how's it going? I'm wondering if you can--" Israel immediately cuts America off bursting out in to hysteria, crying and sobbing on the phone how horrible their life is and to please come and help. America calms them down and says, "Okay," and without even knowing how or why, they end up wiring them cash.

The trailer still sits in the garage.

• Nope, I don't think so. It's generally the USA who is both an ally and an enemy to countries in the Middle East. Canada and the UK are the USA's best allies when it comes to global issues.

• That's true. Americans, Canadians, and Brits do love Israel though.

• IR? International relations?
      Honestly I don't even know who to vote for.
      They all suck but with Harper at least you know what you're getting into.

• @QuestionMan: International relations, yeah.

• yes... takes a murderer to know a murderer

• I'd say Canada, than the UK.

What Guys Said 12

• Canada and America are practically brothers. Canada and U. S are closer to each other because they share a similar economy, a similar educational system, a similar culture, and they geographically are apart of the same body of land. The only thing they differ in culturally is probably healthcare, gun rights and taxes (which are higher in Canada). But with the exception of that they are practically identical.

UK comes in a close seconds due to the history between the two countries.

• I'd say the UK or Germany are our greatest allies

I'd actually say that Israel is one of the worst allies

• Maybe but Israel is definitely American's closest ally. Almost every American loves Israel.

• But almost every American is a Zionist to an extent. Even if those who don't care will just say Israel is just doing it's job. Not breeding hate here since there aren't Palestinians or Middle Easterners posting here. Even if they did, they wouldn't be surprised because they know Americans love Israel. Most Americans don't mind their money being spent to help Israel.

• you're wrong. the victim mentality you have may be understandable to a point. but more than a few people in this post have expressed a similar sentiment to mine and yet you repeatedly tell them and me that we're wrong.

we're wrong about what we feel and know to be true among other people we know... amazing how you can tell us how we feel... Anyway, sorry you feel that way. You're wrong about it but sorry. Your issue is with politicians not with the average American citizen.

• When it comes to foreign policy, it would be the UK and increasingly, Germany and Japan as Asia becomes more important and Britain isolates itself. Israel's influence is limited to the middle East and sometimes it can cause the US trouble rather than help them. Germany helps keep the peace in Europe (as seen with the Ukraine crisis and it also helped with Iran) and Japan helps with China (which is becoming more important). Israel seems to restrict the US sometimes, as seen by the hate US politicians seem to get when they criticise Israel.

• Makes me think of the episode from the Simpsons where they visited Israel.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BFa7H3nCIAAjOwp.jpg

Anyways Israel is America's greatest ally in the Middle East but an overall best ally would be either UK or Canada.

• Americans don't mind paying the extra tax dollars for Israel since they are one of their greatest allies.

• An imaginary friend named God.

• Stick to the question bigot.

• "imaginary friend named God." That is AWESOME! LOL! 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

• Oh, I'm sorry Asker. You meant countries?

I didn't realise. I hope you're not too butthurt?

• Other way around.

The US' best friend is almost certainly Canada, with the UK in second place.

• I personally think America's best allies are: UK, Canada, Australia, Israel, Germany, France, and Japan. In no particular order

• I dunno France and America have aligned statues

• The UK is the closest thing to a friend, nations don't really have friends. Israel loves us the way a glutton loves his lunch.

• But Americans see Israel as their closest friend and love them more than any other nation.

• Well I'm an American and I basically see Israel as a problem we somehow got sucked into. I don't know what the best answer is and I sympathize with the people who live there but I don't have any special feelings for them.

• Canada or the UK, easily.

Israel does NOT make the cut of a close ally, not by a long shot. Honestly, there are plenty in the US who do NOT like Israel at all, but understand the necessity for the alliance for strategic reasons.

Israel is a decidedly unlikable country.

• Plenty of Americans don't like Israel? Lol you're joking. Almost every American loves Israel. Supporting and liking Israel is one of the rare things both liberals and conservative Americans agree on. The only Americans who don't like Israel are Muslims and Arabs.

• But Americans do love Israel and almost all Americans speak highly and favorably of Israel.

• And where exactly are you from? Clearly not the U. S.

I'll be blunt with you: deep down, many Americans would have no problem with the entire Middle East, Israel included, being turned into a giant sheet of glass from nuclear fire. But since it's neither a moral or practical option, having Israel as an ally is a geopolitical necessity.

• Backing Israel no matter what will end up getting the US in a really bad situation...

• It's the other way around.
    If not for the zionist powers in America, Israel would have been obliterated a long time ago.

• America loves Israel and Israel loves America. Besides Muslim Americans, almost every American is a zionist. Supporting Israel is one of the few rare things both right and left wingers (Democrats and Republicans) in America agree on.

• Well since both nations are founded on colonialism, it's hardly surprising.
      Honor among thieves isn't uncommon.