Have you ever dated someone who wasn't your type? If not would you date someone who isn't your type?

I'm just wondering if any of you guys have been in relationships with someone who wasn't your usual type. How did the relationship turn out? If you haven't then would you?

Most Helpful Guy

• You date someone who isn't your type, and it doesn't last very long.

• Why is that?

• You aren't compatible. Simple as that.

• Ahh, I don't entirely believe that what you like is necessarily what's best for you though.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes, I have.

At first it was great.
    But as I tried to progress with it all types of conflicts started to arise.

I realized he really wasn't my type at all.

Not just physical but also mentally.

I could deal with the physical aspect.
    But mentally, we couldn't see eye to eye on much things.
    Shared different views on many.
    I only loved the "sweet, sensitive, good listener" side to him.

When that faded away as it would in any relationship, I was left with a cold realization.

What Guys Said 5

• I did and it didn't end well. For a little while is was alright and a lot of fun, but it just didn't work out. Right now I'm talking to someone who's not really my type but she sort of is, so I'm taking things really slowly to make sure it's going to work first before thinking about going out with her.

• yeah I did, it didn't work out lol.

• Everybody's done this. That's why there's so many breakups

• not looks wise. they were all pretty

• well depends maybe works maybe dont... u never know sometimes u get really focus or their rights and "dont see the wrongs" and can go well even isn't your type

What Girls Said 3

• I have been the one that wasn't their type and they dated me... then we got married... turned out pretty good, I'd say :)

• I never dated someone who wasn't my type and I guess I wouldn't. If he wasn't my type I wouldn't be interested in dating him.

• Never have.
    I would because I might find out I like something in a guy that I never thought about or I might have thought that I cannot stand a guy who's a certain way but turns out that I'm ok with it.