How do you hold a conversation with a kid without getting bored?

it's difficult :/

Most Helpful Girl

• To be a kid. The most important is being patient. Never let them know u are bored to talk to them. U can say" oh really?" Or " how u know?"or something else. And maybe sometimes u can teach them some knowledges in the conversations. ( sorry about my weak English, but I think u know what I mean:)

Most Helpful Guy

• Pretend like they're an adult. Seriously, that's why I'm good with kids, especially the boys. I just talk like I would to any of my friends, and sometimes they understand what I'm talking about, and sometimes not, but then they seem to love talking to me.

What Girls Said 4

• Hahahahaha, omg, I can relate to this so much!!! xD I don't know bruh, I still haven't figured it out.

• Haha, omg tell me about it.

My bro comes and starts talking... and it never stops.

I get irritated if I am doing something else and he would keep repeating the same questions over and over again.

And sometimes when I have nothing to do, his conversations become interesting.

But, I figured that if I just give him at least ten minutes of my undivided attention, he slows down... if you get me.

• I don't know, I've only talked to one kid.

And if you were silent for two seconds he would find something to talk about
    "wanna see my new eraser"
    "i have juice if you want it"
    "will you come over later"
    "do you want to see my gerbil"
    "is that your phone"

it was exhausting. lol

• I do it everyday with my three children. It's never a boring or dull moment with them!!! The things that come out of their mouths sometimes though. Hahaha.

What Guys Said 4

• It's OK, their attention span isn't very long. Let them tell you about all the things they're excited about. Then say "oh yea?" a few times. Tease them about something silly.

Then read them their favorite book that they already have memorized. Excitedly ask which one is Tigger. Point to the wrong one and say you think it's that one. They'll correct you, so ask if they are sure. Do that on every page. Then you're good to go.

• Start playing with the kid's mind, I love to do it, they get confused and I laugh xD

• As a former preschool teacher, I talk to them like they are on my level, although i don't use cuss words or adult words

• Learn it things: there's so much you know which the kid ignores and which will get it's full attention.