Have you ever been traumatized?

Please feel free to be open and honest. No judgements here.

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Usually I don't go anonymous... but this is kind of extreme.

You read in the newspapers, person kills person in blind rage. I never really understood that, until it happened to me.

I'm naturally a friendly and CALM person. There was a time that I didn't say anything back when someone called me out, and by doing that all the rage and frustration kept growing inside, which is not good.
    You need to let it out every once in a while, but I didn't.

So after 8 years of that person calling me out, I almost exploded and the anger almost got the best of me.
    We were at the staircase, I grabbed him. He FROZE, he was scared s**tless, not expecting me to do anything as usual. Yes, I wanted to throw him off the stairs, that's how much I hated that guy.

But as I grabbed him and was ready to do it, I let go... shocked.. I got scared of myself, shocked that I almost did that.. blind rage.

That was 4 years ago, now I always speak up for myself, nobody walking over me anymore

• Geez I wouldn't want to piss you off.

• I'm a really nice person though. It's just that I never said anything back or did anything about it, that the hatred just built up inside.
      And it was for years non stop so yea...

Oh well, I changed now ^^ It was a valuable lesson

Most Helpful Girl

• yea... a lot...
    sometimes i think about things... and i feel like im too broken to be fixed and no one should ever have to put up with it... im cared to have kids too..

What Guys Said 7

• What screws me over in life is the fact that brain easily remembers certain scenes of life that have a shocking value or emotional connection to them. Because of that, I remember any awkward experiences in my life with lots of detail. I can't say these are "traumatic" moments in the full use of the word... But these are certainly moments of life I remember.
    Here are 3 of them. They happened when I was pretty young...
    1.) My dad was starting to randomly lecture me or something while his computer was on "sleep" mode. He accidentally hit the keyboard, the computer turned on, and porn started up. Yeah... It took him a bit to turn the computer to sleep so I have those porn seconds in my mind I can't really forget.

2.) My sister came home from a party. I was young and had some friends over for one of those videogame-all-night sleepovers. I thought it was funny (being how young I was) to bother my sister. She had her door closed, so I just opened it to bother her again. She was busy changing, and I just thought "SHIIIT!" as I closed the door and ran away. My friends were like "what happened?" and I was like "Uhh, we should stop bothering her guys." Super awkward. Never forgot that either.

3.) When the Ring came out, the preview scared the crap outta me. I was like seven years old I think. One day though, my parents were watching it at home when the dvd came out. I just happened to be walking by and saw the girl's face from the movie (at one of the scary parts). I never forgot that scene either. :/

• Ugh my older sister showed me the excorsist when I was 9 that traumatised me for about 3 years now I embrace all things scary😈

• In the scary scenes I just look beside the TV so it looks like I'm watching it even though I'm not. I do twant to look like a pussy😂

• @Marshmellowking LOL I know people that do that too xD But hey, if you treat all movies like comedies they aren't scary anymore :D

• When I had to ID my deceased son

• oh my god. :|

• im so sorry for your loss...

• thank you both. not a day goes by that my Wife and I don't think about him ; Im just thankful she wasn't in the room with me that day.

• I seen my dad go down on my mum... I made a lego thingy... And heared it break as I went back up the stairs away from my dad literally eating my mum alive didn't help that this was when I was 8-9😎😂😂😂

• uuhhmmm yea.. that traumatized ME

anyway, side note,
      is that actually your arm? is it pregnant :P xD
      lol jk jk but really is that for real?

• its still bigger than my head xD

• 😂😂😂 thankyou🌍😉

• Yes, Back in May me and my grandfather were in a wreck with a motorcycle. The motorcyclist was critically injured. It was terrifying to see him laying there and me not knowing what to do, thank god it was on a busy highway with lots of people who knew first aid and got him help quickly. The man did live, but my grandpa will have to go to court over it.

• I was kidnapped and raped by 3 strange women. I was held for 3 days, tortured, and nearly killed. Yes it was traumatic.

• Seriously?

• teens too ! :O

omg that must've been horrible ! im so sorry this happened to you and at such a young age too :(

• @Red7336 Thank you. People can be cruel, but we just keep going.

• Pretty close to it yeah.

• plenty of times, but you deal with it

What Girls Said 9

• Yes my dad is a major asshole and one day I had a very bad day at school and I came home and he was being a dick to me as usual. I was crying in the backyard when my wonderful mother went out there to yell at me and call me insane and a bitch. They forsed me inside and started screaming at me in the kitchen in front of my entire family. I couldn't breath and started hypervenallating. Only after my grandma called and my little brother informed her that I was busy hyperventilating did my mother decide to talk to me in private. Instead of helping me she decided to inform me of how bad her life is andher childhood was and how ungrateful and insane I AM! I WAS LITTERATLY ON THE BRINK OF PASSING OUT WHEN I MANAGED TO PULL MYSELF TOGETHER AND CALM DOWN AS I WALKED AWAY FROM THE HOUSE. That was the day I learned I hate my family and to never be kind or good to them. its never about me and whenever I am hurt the twist it around to make me pity THEM! Now that I look back I'm glad this happened so I'm not trapped in the niave believe that my parents care and want what's best for me😊

• i have. one is from a bird injury when i was younger, and now i have a legit phobia lol.

the other is from a car crash where i was severely concussed.

i feel like I'm yet to face the trauma of poverty. i plan to do a missionary trip someday so i guess that's coming too.

• it may not seem like much, but before starting grade 7 my family moved to a different city, and it just about destroyed me. i had such a tough time adjusting, mostly because i was always that weird kid in class and had a couple of good friends and felt so so about the rest of my peers. so it made it extraordinarily tough finding friends, not to mention the social atmosphere was totally different. in school i ended up eating lunch by my self most of the time and i always felt like no one cared or wanted me there and the kids were not particularly nice either. there weren't really any kids my age that lived on our block wither so i didn't have any neighbors to play with and i was used to people being outside and doing stuff in their yards, i came from a neighborhood with a lot of elderly people and young families and everyone was really friendly here most people seemed to be inside all the time. on top of that i missed my friends, and my neighbor hood so much it hurt. i remember laying in bed and crying and wishing that i had some way to turn back time so this never happened. the thought of parallel universes and that in at least some of them moving didn't happen would give me comfort. and going back or seeing my friends occasionally was a sweet poison because it was a reminder of what i didn't have and could never have again. i quickly became depressed and contemplated suicide. by grade 8 i finally managed a couple of friends but they didn't live near me and ended up going to different high schools. that made grade 9 even worse because i thought things finally changed. the loneliness was killing me. one of the main reasons i'm still alive at all is because i watched anime, and watching these characters struggle though the same things and more gave me the will to try and be strong like them and keep trying in hopes of things turning out better. things finally began to turn around for me in grade 10 when i started up an anime club at school and finally began making some friends my family also got a dog; so when i went to sleep at night i was alone and it made me feel so much better.
    so here i am finally 6 years later doing much better, having friends, not depressed (for the most part) still having social anxiety issues but accepting what happened. and so i live on.

• Yeah, I was in an emotionally abusive relationship and he raped me once and hit me a few times, as well as got angry at me if I didn't sleep with him. My brother sexually assaulted me before too. My father is emotionally abusive and you have to walk on egg shells around him all the time.
    The abusive relationship was what traumatised me.

• I think most people have

• Not specifically.

• What happened?

• Yeah, I'm not sure how many times I have.

First, for as long as I could remember until I was 12, my older brother would beat me up. It wasn't so bad that I had cuts or obvious bruises, but I had PTSD after each time and I thought it was normal to feel like that. My dad tried to stop it when he was around but my mum either blamed me or said my brother stressed her out so she couldn't do anything.

Then at the end of last year I was sexually assaulted.

• Yes, when my father unexpectedly died in our home not long after I turned 18 and I was unable to save him.