What defines a millennial?

I dont know if I spelled it right but, what defines a millennial? I mean, cause, I was born in '89 so, I grew up in the 90's (best decade ever) but, am I considered a millennial because I'm my parents kid and my parents were born in the 50's. I really don't know

What Girls Said 0

What Guys Said 2

• I had never heard of this term before, but hey, google & wikipedia to the rescue!

"Millennials (also known as the Millennial Generation or Generation Y) are the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates when the generation starts and ends. Researchers and commentators use birth years ranging from the early 1980s to the early 2000s" - wikipedia

• But I was born in '89 and I was a 90's kid, so, how could I be a millennial, if I wasn't born in THIS millennium

• We thought 2000 was going to be an electrical failure, that as the clock struck midnight the millennium bug would destroy everything

• 'we'? speak for yourself :D

• somebody born from the late 70s to the early 90s..

compared to our parents we have more liberal views, dislike discrimination..

• Obviously generalizing there, since there are tons of people who are conservative and discriminate

• of course... but if you don't like this definition, or don't believe that groups can have/show general beliefs, then fine.. i'll accept your spiritualist beliefs..