Does aging petrify anyone else?

I just saw this pic of Jessica Lange and now I'm depressed

Does aging petrify anyone else?

Like she's still beautiful but you know inside she's still that person. Aside from the color that picture basucally looks like it could've been taken yesterday... its eery to me

Is anyone else more scared of aging than dying?

• No, aging is a natural part of life, and has beauty in it
  • It ain't nothin but a thing
  • Its scary but its worth a long and full life
  • Fuck that shit, im dying young!

Most Helpful Girl

• getnetworth.net/.../jessica-lange-net-worth.jpg

this is her now and yes i am scared, i need to watch myself melt away its scary, its a shame women are valued on youth so much, it ends up being the minority or the life span too. 15-35 is only 20 years. Then its 35- 90, is 55 years of looking older/old.

You can tell she tried to save herself with some surgery maybe botox but it doesn't help much.

What Guys Said 15

• I've never thought ageing was particularly scary because I'm very anti-mainstream in this. Our western culture tries everything it can to teach us that ageing is something bad and that youth is all that counts. I think that's bullshit. It's just one way of looking at it. There are other cultures where old people are not only highly respected but the image of becoming older is a very positive one. My skin might be more flawless when I'm 20 than when I'm 70, but there are other things to gain. Life experience, wisdom, patience, happiness... you name it. Also, elderly people might look unattractive from the perspective of people like us who are young but that doesn't mean they are objectively unattractive. When I was 12 I wondered if I would still find women pretty/hot when I turn 30 because only the 10-14 girls seemed attractive to me... or if I would just be single all the time. Now that I'm almost 30, I find many 30-year old women very pretty/hot and I can't exactly picture myself dating a 12 year old girl ;-). In the same way, I don't find 80 year old women attractive now but I think once my girlfriend and myself become 80, I will find her just as pretty as I do now.
    And last but not least, ageing can also be influenced. Sure, some people just have better genes and age better than others but I believe your lifestyle actually makes a more decisive difference. For example my grandpa is 87 now and still very fit. He still goes hiking (it's kind of our national sport/hobby) almost every day and he also goes swimming regularly. He also likes to go to the Sauna and he eats healthily. You might say that he has good genes and perhaps that's true but he's been living healthily and actively all his life and I'm sure that also made a difference.

In the end I find it very sad that some people get so scared about ageing because that's exactly what the (social) media wants and I don't think it's good at all that the (social) media has such a severe impact on our lives.

• Not really.
    I am PRAY and CLUTCHING onto my ballsack that I get the RDJ aging experience.
    30.media.tumblr.com/...9dobHeH1qajc4eo2_r1_250.jpg
    www.theimaginativeconservative.org/.../...y-jr.png
    Maybe JGL
    www.thefablife.com/.../JGLThroughTheYears.jpg

• "Is anyone else more scared of aging than dying?"

Aging and dying are the same thing. The thought of dying is scary as fuck. But I don't usually think about it. I just live like I always have. Today, right now, I am alive. Just like I was alive 10 years ago. Just like I was alive 30 years ago. Just like I was alive 50 years ago. That part doesn't change. I'm only old when I think about it. The rest of the time I'm the same as I've always been.

• Thwy are most certainly not the same thing. Im not afraid of dying at 30 but im afraid of growing old and dying

• im not afraid of dying. At all. Im afraid of the process of aging

• Well you have a long time before you have to worry about that. You're just getting started. Let the old farts worry about aging and dying. You should just be enjoying yourself. Let the future take care of itself.

• In terms of looks it does worry me but I am more worried by the fact that time just seems to be flying by faster and faster these days and we're not getting any younger and hold so many regrets in the past.

It never really bothered me until July last year when I suddenly turned 18 and then I was like "I'm an adult now! :'( " but it bothers me feeling like I've wasted so many years now and makes me wonder if I can ever catch up if I start now

• i hadn't really thought about it. don't know whats gonna happen but im gonna sit for the full ride.

• Oldster opinion: Yes, it can be scary. I used to eat whatever I wanted and remained skinny and physically did what I wanted to when I wanted to. Then I got older and now I have to count calories and have an exercise regimen that is somewhat of a chore.

But that is the way of the world. While aging is easier for men than for women, it is still hard. Only the rare exceptional man, like Sean Connery, looks better older than he did younger.

• my mom still looks pretty young and I look more like her than my dad, plus I have a baby face. I also don't tan, drink, or do drugs so I think I'll age alright.
    at least I hope so :/

• Nope not worried my family ages well.

• I don't like the idea of getting old, but for different reasons... I don't want to get old and decrepit and in need of care

• Ehh, I'll look forever young.

• I'm actually looking forward to age. Maybe, i'm looking forward to future though, and it's where i age. Hmmmm...

• scary, don't want to be the age I am now, I just want life to get better and ill be fine

• Yes I fear death

• Aging is just a thing that happens. What scares me is aging without having done all the things I want to do.

• If I was a woman, I suppose I would be.

But as a man, my value is based upon my utility, not my looks, so aging isn't much of an issue.

What Girls Said 4

• Everyone gets old. What's the big deal?

• I'm scared to death about it, I never wanna be old

• Vote D x 1000000000000000000000000000000

• I'm terrified of getting wrinkles and what not but I believe as you age looks become less important.