Is now people more religious than before?

I come from a Latin America background so is pretty common for people down here to be Catholic.

Even I believe in God I don't go to church every week and I do not agree with some of their beliefs.. But that's another story.

My question is.. In the US is more people getting involved with church/religion? In the past I didn't see so many people so open about their beliefs. Is like their community is growing, fast.

Most of them Christians.

Most Helpful Girl

• From what I've seen, the numbers of non-religious people has increased dramatically but the spread of religion is still on the rise too.

What Guys Said 4

• Nope, it's the other way around. As science develops there will be more people switching from theism to atheism. And the thing with religion is that atheism is growing because (almost) nobody switches from atheism to theism, only the other way around.

• Not really religion is somewhat fading away.

• Actually the opposite in most corners of the world.

• no, it's an anomaly amongst Western countries.

What Girls Said 2

• religion is dying in the West

• I agree with you. I've seen that too.