Why would someone want to do this?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/16th_Street_Baptist_Church_bombing

I was watching Selma and this happened. They were little girls. They would be old women today. Why would they want to hurt them? I know that they thought they were inferior. But killing? Killing children? What makes them hate black people so much? Why is this still going on today? Why?

1|0
4|6

Most Helpful Guy

• People learn to hate others based on skin color and genetic origin. The "facts" of black `inferiority` and `criminal behavior` are just things that people grow to believe in from their parents, just like how people learn to believe it is wrong for a woman to pay for a date. It's just data, something that people unconditionally accept as "true". Racism is the result of social programming.

2|0
    0|0

Most Helpful Girl

• In my honest opinion, I think all racisms begins out of fear and an inferiority complex. And not just white on black hatred, but all types of hatred. But nothing explains the causes of this fear and sense of inferiority; maybe the felt threatened, maybe they were jealous, or maybe something worse had happened between the races back then and it just wasn't documented, who knows. But todays hatred is fueled by that of the older, because people are the product of their parent's teaching, one way or the other, and most racist people today grew up in racist homes.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 5

• That is sad but that does happen. Look at the Black guy who did all that killing

en.wikipedia.org/.../Atlanta_murders_of_1979%E2%80%9381

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wayne_Williams

Over the two-year period, at least 28 African-American children, adolescents and adults were killed.

This stuff is messed up what causes people to do these things we live
    in a sad world for sure?

0|0
    0|0
    • You left out the fact that he has never been indicted or tried for ANY of the child murders. Its like they pinned it on him. Its funny when someone brings up a actual proven atrocities committed against blacks, someone races to try to compare it to a crime that had NOTHING to do with the crime being asked about. And if Wayne Williams did kill those kids ( though I find it incredibly strange that someone accused of a crime was NEVER indicted and brought to trial,) he certainly didn't do it because of the kids race, unlike the racist punk pricks who bombed that church.

• People thought differently back then, some belived Blacks truly wher infierior because they wher taght that their whole lifes. Now as for the bombers those guys where just downright insane, they truly thought they wher doing the right thing, sometimes pepole see themselves as "moral" high grounds and see thier methods as necessary evil. These guys really thought they where doing the right thing. Its immposible fo us to empathise with them because we are not insane zelouts.

1|0
    0|0
  • These people are just fucking idiots. There's no logical explanation for being a racist.

1|1
    0|0
  • relax. whites commit violent crimes against blacks at a much lower rate than black on white crime.

0|0
    0|0
  • Someone's hearts are full of hates unfortunately...

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 3

• "I know that they thought they were inferior. But killing?"

what exactly do you think it means when people think they are superior? they destroy.

1|0
    0|0
    • take a look through history, you'll see more examples fascism than you can hold.

• Some people are filled with so much hate in their hearts, they can't let the love in.

0|0
    0|0
  • wow people are really messed up!

0|0
    0|0