Boyfriend just donated a kidney?

Okay so my boyfriend and I weren't in contact for about a week
we're both 16 and last night he messaged me and I found out he just donated his kidney, that too to a random person he met at work, how am I supposed to react to this?
Like it was a heroic movie, but I think its stupid,
and he's a great guy and willling to help out anyone, anytime
I don't know how to react and respond to him, its just too much for me to take in :/

Most Helpful Guy

• He is 16 so I highly doubt this is actually real as he would have to get parental consent and it would have taken more than a week to get this straightened out.

Most Helpful Girl

• ok first, i'm not sure if within a week you can get all the details straightened out to donate a kidney (and he is 16...) but assuming he did actually do this, its incredibly generous.

i don't understand how its stupid. first, its his body and he can do what he wants with it. you only need one kidney anyway and (most) people are born with two functioning kidneys. secondly, he saved someone's LIFE. when i was 11 my dad almost died from failing kidneys. if he hadn't received a donor kidney, it would have been the end for him. there are SO many people on waiting lists, waiting for life.

in a way, it is a big deal and it might be hard for you to let it sink in... but thats because he did something great.

What Guys Said 3

• It is a very nice and kind thing for him to do. Many people donate kidneys all the time.

• What do you care it's not your kidney

• That's a great thing he's doing. I wish more people were like that

What Girls Said 4

• Are you kidding me? How do you not see it as heroic? He just saved someone's life! What an incredible gift! He is a hero! Living donors are so rare and the potential for that transplant to be successful and not reject is so much greater than with a cadaveric kidney. I am sorry that you see this as a stupid, but people can live normal healthy lives with one kidney and what he did is selfless and amazing! You should be proud of him.
    As someone who has a loved one who has had not one, but three kidney transplants throughout his life people like your boyfriend are absolute angels to me!

• You should support him in his recovery and congratulate him on doing such a big, courageous thing for the good of another. I don't know how that's such a hard thing to comprehend.

• You're over reacting lol

• its not a big deal.