For men who are Christian, is it wrong to be in the car alone with a woman?

Im a Christian (22) and another man from my church (24) texted me and offered to pick me up from work to take me home, he wante to talk to me about church and how I was liking it (im new). Im not sure if he's interested but i felt kind of weird when we were in the car. I understand if you have to drop someone home because the pastor says or the person has no ride and your the only one who can, but when you choose to go out you way like that when he could of waited till he saw me next Sunday. I chose to take the rise because I thought it was nice but isn't it kind of innaprorpriate from a Christian point of veiw for a man to offer that?

7

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only inappropriate for those in Church leadership positions. Ministries have been destroyed by false accusations of sexual contact. Regular churchgoers are not much at risk for this kind of attack.

• True, well he's a worship leader. I would NEVER EVER start an accusation like that but people do it all the time... so sad. Thats why I asked this. Wondering why he never through twice about it and just jumped in his car to get me without thinking "hmm what will other think".. or "could this be risky If im not dating her yet?" etc etc.. Thought it was cause he likes me.

• I'm guessing he's attracted to you. I think he's unaware of or ignoring church protocol. In my church at least one person in the car would have to be the same sex as (you) the new church attendee. That said, he would do well to inform his church's leadership before pursuing a romantic interest.

What Guys Said 6

• No, not really. Not unless we're talking about ultra, mega conservative Christians.
    I'm Christian and don't see anything wrong with driving a girl home.

• True! So would you go out for your way to pick a girl up from work if you didn't know her too well just to ask her a question?

• If I wanted to get to know her and see how she was doing. I mean, I haven't done that before, but I could see myself doing something like that.

• No there is nothing wrong with being in a car alone with a woman. It is just a ride from where he picked you up to your home. He might be interested in you and there is nothing wrong with dating either.

• No, most christians believe its ok. It's just the most conservative denominations like IDF that have a problem with it. At some "Christian" colleges though no sitting in a car with any opposite sex is allowed.

• No that's super conservative people of all religions. I'm Christian and I'm fine with being alone with a woman

• No because your both not going to touch each other

• Of course not. But if clothes start to come off, THEN we have a problem.