Americans are as confusing as hell?

Why is a 'grilled cheese' cooked in a frying pan?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not everyone has a charcoal grill in their house, so a grill pan or frying pan does the job just fine.

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 9

• I am guessing (I am not American) that you butter the bread and put the buttered side down on the hot fry pan with cheese on the inside and another bit of buttered bread on the top (buttered side on the outside). When one side of the bread is cooked you turn it over and cook the other side. Then you eat it. I have done this before and I am not American.

• The put bacon in cupcakes and biscuits in gravy, then make loaves of meat. They're just a bunch of munchied stoners, honestly.

• And hamburgers are ZERO percent HAM!

How... Fffffffff...

• Because we fucking can.

• That has always been the tradition in America to fry grill cheese sandwiches
    in a Skillet , now we can toast our bread than place 2 slices of cheese between it
    than microwave them for 10 seconds or to the cheese melts and i imagine that
    they have what is called a Griddle we can make them on that too.

• @Princessofpersia

Answer this question.

Then come talk to me.

• Its called a grilled cheese sandich

• Probably because it is americans doing it...

• It is grilled ideally but grills are not always conveniently to hand so we adapt, we are flexible. It is one of our great strengths. Where other nations would sit in mute hunger staring longingly at bread, cheese and butter we are undeterred by adversity, we apply our renown ingenuity.

Probably also why we are so fat.

What Girls Said 3

• The average American can't tell the difference between a frying pan and a grill.

• Really, it is? That's weird.

• That's just the name, we don't come up with it.