So I recently dropped my phone for the second time in a month and shattered the screen. It's still usable but the screen looks awful and it's driving me nuts. For reference it's a somewhat older Samsung S4. Looks like screens are available online relativly cheaply but the procedure to replace it looks kind of intense. Last time I broke the screen I did an insurance claim to replace it. I THINK I can do another insurance claim but I'm not sure; to add to that there is like a $50 to $100 deductible. Additionally I'm kind of waiting for the newest iPhone to be released (supposedly next month) so what should I do?
Objective being to have a phone with an un-cracked screen at the lowest out of pocket cost.
- See if I can insurance claim it again. Since I just claimed a phone I kind of doubt I can do another. Plus the deductible is $50 to $100 if I recallVote A
- Order a replacement screen and wing the repair yourself. Maybe $10 in parts but moderate risk of breaking the phoneVote B
- Take it to a local screen replacement place. Last time I check I was quoted $150.Vote C
- Just deal with it until the new phone is releasedVote D
- Other: Posted in the commentsVote E