Speeding ticket help!!! Going 94 in a 70! Really need some help?

I live in Iowa and yesterday I got pulled over for going 94 in a 70 thankfully it was only 24 over so my license wasn't suspended. I have already paid the ticket because I don't want my parents to find out. Will this effect my insurance and is there a way my parents will know how fast I was going? I'm 19 years old and I really want this off of my record so is there anyway I could get it off? All help is greatly appreciated this is my first ticket so I'm kind of freaking out.

Also should I volunteer to take a defensive driving course/ traffic school to lower or remove the points added to my license or should I just stop worrying?

What Guys Said 1

• Oh fuck, you never ever ever ever just pay the ticket. Always fight it to make sure points aren't added to your license because THAT is what makes your insurance rate go up.

• My parents know I got a speeding ticket because I felt bad but I told them I was going 75 in a 55 is there any way that they would find out I was going 94? also in Iowa we have a point system is there anyway to get the points reduced or taken off?

• I have read that you can voluntarily take a course to help reduce the points. I know it's too late now to try and fight this but I just want to reduce the points added to my license. I'm just really confused and not sure how this works.

• It ultimately works by you giving them money to make the problem go away.

What Girls Said 0