Should I teach my future kids Turkish?

I don't like my ethnicity and I won't have children here. They will be born somewhere else or not at all. Should I teach them the language?

Most Helpful Guy

• I'm still waiting for the day that Turkish becomes a mandatory lesson in schools. If it's one of the nations official languages it should be tought.

• In Cyprus?

• Yes. A lot of objects and sayings are from Turkish, I also happen to many of the Turkish sware words.

Most Helpful Girl

• My dad never taught me Italian. His family all speak English now (not that we see them much. They don't like my mother because she's not Italian).

What Guys Said 6

• A basic knowledge of the language seems good.

• I think that if you are going to raise kids in other country, you should focus on that country language... but... it is important that they learn something from their parents culture, you can teach them something from Turkish, they kinda have the right.

• If you want him to grow up to work at a poultry farm owned by Perdue it might come in handy. Goble Goble mofo.

• You can do whatever you want, it's your choice.

By the way, you post too much anti-turkish stuff, don't be such self-hater.

• I was expecting this. I'm not a self-hater, I love myself. I hate Turkey. Sımple as that. I didn't choose to be born here.

• Being bisexual doesn't make you a non-turk, you are still 14 you need time to understand these stuff.

• I've never said that. You've got everything backwards... I'm sorry but I'll have to block you.

• you should, just because you don't like doesn't mean it won't be part of their heritage

• You don't have to if you don't want to. They can learn it on their own.

What Girls Said 5

• ABSOLUTELY YES. They will thank you for it. Language can be separated from its culture. Teach them your own values, but dont take away the chance to know more. I was raised bilingual, and is great! Plus, i think turkish is a very beautiful language, sound really pretty.

• yes why not!

• sure.. why not.

• The more languages they know, the better their brain will work.

• Having multiple first languages puts kids at an advantage. They will be able to learn foreign languages more easily when they're older.