Why can't woman put their mascara on with their mouth closed?

Most Helpful Girl

• We can but what with having to raise our eyebrows and open our eyes extra wide to be able to get maximum length extension on our lashes, our mouth will usually open as well. Don't really know why, it's not necessary but...
    The real question here should be why you're bothered by something so insignificant that doesn't affect you in the slightest?

• cuz my sis always has her mouth open while she puts on mascara

• yeah she can do it with her mouth closed but opening our mouths for that is sort of like a reflexive action, not too different from how lots of people clench their jaw when they're pissed or something.

• i see. thanks for answering

Most Helpful Guy

• Women can but when they raise their eyebrows and open their eyes wide to put mascara on it pulls their mouth open to. Try raising your eyebrows and opening your eyes wide and you will find your mouth wants to open to. It is more comfortable for women to just let their mouth open than fight it and who does it harm anyway. That is the reason why.

What Girls Said 5

• Imagine you're putting on mascara yourself, if you open your mouth it extends the face ever so slightly because the jaw dropped and stretches the skin along our temples downward. If you open and close your mouth you can feel the jaw working the temple. Opening our eyes as much as possible with the help of lowering the jaw and raising the eyebrow is means there is less chance to smear the mascara over the lid.

• We can. Opening our mouth stretches the skin on your face so it feels like you won't smear it on your skin.

• Try to open you eyes as wide as you can. Now open you mouth. The skin pulls down even more and opens up you eyes

• I don't open my mouth when I put it on

• Opening your mouth slightly relaxes the rest of your face. Makes it easier to not fuck up your mascara.

• why can't men stop obsessing over this?

What Guys Said 2

• I think when your mouth is open, you dont blink as much or something like that

• these are some serious existential questions... .