Is having kids young a bad thing?

Me and my husband are having our first child I'm kind of scared. Lots of young girls seem like making having kids young is a bad thing. He's 17 I'm 22. I've seen stuff happen like guys always say they love you and they're gonna stay with you forever but most of them is not true. I watch the show Teen Mom I see girls who are our age have 2 or 3 kids under 5 years old they fight break up and divorce with they're husbands and boyfriends in every episode. It's not just that show my friends have gone through it too. My nanny who use to watch me when I was little is having her first kid already she's posting stuff on Facebook saying she's done about drama that her fiancée is going through. Lots of my friends post on Facebook that they're done with shit. It's probably all because they had kids so young. I remember when people got married then have kids and it made everything nice now it seems like everyone is going through drama and stuff and a lot of them is young 15 and 16 year olds getting pregnant. I have never seen so much of it. Does having kids young really cause that many problems? Is it really that bad?

Most Helpful Girl

Most Helpful Guy

• Wait... he's 17? Where I live, that would be statutory rape. What the hell?

What Girls Said 3

• 17 wtf? As long as you big have good jobs and we done with school and will be able to afford everything that kid needs I guess go for it?

• The real question is why in hell are you having sex with a minor who is 5 years younger than you? But typically yes it is bad. My mom had me when she was 21 dad was either 22 or 23 and they divorced when I was 3 years old.

• This really mess up, I don't think this is true for one a 17 year old can't marry 21 year old and ots statutory rape no matter what she older and he's younger period no body that young wants a kid I think u need help seriously

What Guys Said 2

• It's hard financially being that young and taking up a lot of your youth when you should still be living life and starting a career first that's why it never lasts because you never had a chance to grow up yet and you'll be envious of your friends that waited. I waited until I was 31 but would have been ready a little earlier but just didn't meet the right person

• Its a big sacrifice but it will be worth it when they grow up and your still young and able to help them and be there for their kids.