For long-term relationships do you have a preference when it comes to skin color?

I'm not asking what skin color you prefer, I'm asking if there is a skin color or range of skin color that you prefer or no preference at all.

• I have a preference
  • I have no preference

Most Helpful Girl

• No preference. If I'm attracted to the guy, it's because of his qualities, it has nothing to do with his skin colour.

• So basically you like who you like, skin color means nothing, i like that. Just out of curisoty though, what races of guys have you mostly dated.

• Basically. I've dated a mix of guys, not one specific race. One was white, one was Asian, one was hispanic and another was black. They were all cool as hell.

What Guys Said 17

• I'm super into Asian girls but not only because of their skin color. In fact, I'm mostly into east Asian (Japanese, Korean, Taiwanese) and not so much into south east Asian girls. So the types of Asian girls I find hot look quite similar to me. Being from Switzerland with some German genes mixed in, I have a very, very light/pale "Germanic" caucasian complexion as I'd call it. My girlfriend is from South Korea. Though her skin is technically white as well, it's a different kind of white. It's more of a very light-brownish, light-yellowish, perhaps even slightly beige type of white. I really like it. It looks cute when we stand next to each other naked in the bathroom in front of the mirror... one could say that we're both white but then again, our skin colors are different ;-).
    I also like black girls quite a lot. Though I am a little picky there. Contrary to most men, I'm not really into brownish girls (mediterranean, Brazilian, Indian etc.). The kinds of black girls I find very hot are really pitch black. As black as they can come ;-). While I lived in America, I had a good friend who was black. I never fell in love with her but we made out a couple of times and I would have killed to have sex with her. Not only did she have a very hot body but I especially loved her skin. I still remember it was extremely smooth and super black. Most people assumed she was just a very dark-skinned African American but she was actually a "true African" having grown up in Kenya and only moved to the US much later. I'm generally interested in ethnological stuff and it was quite fascinating to learn that she as African actually looked quite a bit different from African Americans. Not only was she much darker than even the dark-skinned African Americans but also some of her facial features and her body structure was different.

I think generally speaking, I'm don't care so much about a particular skin color or skin complexion, I just love girls who look as exotic and ethnically different from myself as possible. That is why I said skin color is only one factor. For example I also love my girlfriend almond-shaped eyes, her roundish face, her petite body and all the other "typical" Asian features.

• Skin color is irrelevant to me. CULTURE is what matters. If someone is black, white, Asian, Latina, or whatever, that's fine, but if she doesn't come from a Western, middle-class background, then we probably aren't going to be able to relate to each other well, and a relationship probably wouldn't work.

I'm a mix of roughly half-white and half Mexican and Native American. I've dated girls who were black, white, Asian, Latina, and various mixes of the above, but they were all very Americanized (well, one was Australian, of Irish decent). The only thing that mattered to me is that we were culturally compatible.

I've met/seen many very attractive girls of various races, but who were too culturally different or from a different social class that, despite their attractiveness, wouldn't have made for a good relationship with me.

• I feel more attracted to one color, but I don't have a preference for them, I just want a girl I'm attracted to, both in looks and personality.

• Nope. Not at all. I like women of all races. Although she has to be attractive if not attractive then great personality. People always hate the darker ones but the way I see it, it is like liking fruits are you only gonna like oranges how about strawberries etc. If I get a black girl then I prefer darkest because that is what I consider original for their race and if i get a white girl then I want as pale white as possible since that is their original as well and so on. But as ya know personality definitely matters.

• I have no preference

• I have no prefrence.

• Nah no preference however my preference would be a blonde chick...

• Im really into hispanic and white girls. Im not really attracted at all to black or Asians, if i met a hot one then yes i would go for it but the average black or Asian girl dont interest me at all. Im a white hispanic by the way.

• Any skin color of hispanics and whites?

• Asker relax lol, in the end people are attracted to what they are attracted too. doesn't make you close minded or open minded, it is what it is.

• Do you understand the meaning of open minded and close minded?
      I have no issue with people not being attracted to certain things, I just hate the denial. Why not admit that you are imperfect and that you have hangups. If you close minded in the aspect skin colors why the denial that its close minded. If someone had said something like "I can't do blow jobs any position besides missionary" or something like that every one would be dying to call that person close minded but when someone is close minded to skin colors we can't call that for what it is. Perplexing indeed.

• I like nice skin, but it's shade isn't important.

• i don't date or slam white girls.

unless their Russian or Ukrainian. The rest are evil and ugly.

• Is this market research for android sex robots?

• Yes it is

• lol, well don't you think you can offer different carpet colors. The real cost will come in the mechanical and software engineering not in the carpet dye.

• Oh okay thank you for your suggestion. I'll see what we can do.

• It will not matter to me to be honest so NO PREFERENCE

• I actually people from tanned to white. Though I am no racist and black color is okay with me.

• Light skin girls, no specific race though, I prefer personality and morals

• I have no preference.

• No preference at all

• No preference. My recent ex does not like black people and I'm half black so that caused problems...

What Girls Said 14

• Considering the depletion of damn good men who aspire to be outstanding human beings, having a skin color preference would feel extremely unintelligent and foolish.

• I will not date somebody who listens to music about drugs, sex and alcohol and I will not date somebody who watches movies about friends with benefits, fighting, sex or drugs because people who fantasize about those things are usually unfaithful. If he does not like those things - maybe we can date.

• Meh. I don't tend to like black or super dark south Asian guys but that's based on features and body composition, not skin color. Some are super attractive to me.
    Similarly, I'm not that attracted to most of the East Asian guys I meet but there are a few strong exceptions.

I would say I prefer medium brown to white based on that, but again it's more to do with other factors.

The only time I have a strong preference is when it makes their hands or feet look weird, for example when they're realllly pale and you can see the color of the veins. Guys with super white skin often make me think of clammy hands which in turn - no.

• I can be attracted to any color. I am a sucker for a beautiful smile and kindness.

• No preference. I'm attracted to people and struggle very little with internalized racism.

• I do like naturally tan guys. Though that wouldn't stop me from dating others that aren't naturally tan. The #1 must for me is how the eyes look and face shape.

• I understand why people have racial preferences when it comes to facial features but skin color doesn't make any sense like wtf

• Are the people with exclusive skin preferences going to break up with their lover after they tan, lighten or get vitiligo?

• Not really. I find lots of races attractive. But I like me some dark, dark African men.

• No, I don't have any preference in skin colour. A handsome face is a handsome face.

• None at all, why would skin colour make a difference, im not that shallow

• I have no colour preference, all depends on the guy himself

• Not race but culture.
    If a persons culture is really far off fromm mine, how are we supposed to integrate into each others lives, families, etc.

• I don't have a preference. I am open to date any person of any color, as long as they meet my requirements.

• I only like White guys. Maybe Hispanic.