How much did I shoot myself in the foot?

I took 2 years off from school, and I was doing well before I took off.

Now that I took off, I'm doing terribly.

Most Helpful Guy

• Is there something in life that's interfering with your studies or are you stressed out or something?

Most Helpful Girl

• When I graduated high school I took a couple years off befor attending college.. Wish i did attend back then. Anyways finished 2 years a couple years later. It sucks but in the end you have to do what you need to do to get where you want to be. Strive to be the best always. It sucks sometimes but try your best.

What Guys Said 2

• How long has it been since you got back in school? I took a lot longer than that off and did fine. It was a little slow starting, but it wasn't enough to affect my grades.

What's missing? Is it motivation?

• Really? If I may ask, was it easy to get back into studying?

Motivation + exhaustion too I think. But mostly bad work ethic.

• It was very easy for me to get back into studying. I was pretty motivated though. I went back in my mid-late 30s. I knew exactly why I was there and was motivated to get it over with. Not that I disliked it. But at that age I needed to get on with my life, so I went through fast and furious. :)

I don't remember for sure. I think I was pretty much in full swing long before mid terms the first semester.

For motivation, the best thing might be to really know why you are going. I saw another comment that you had medical problems. Are you fully recovered? Like is that what's exhausting you?

As for work ethic. That's a side effect of motivation.

• Was drugs involved

What Girls Said 2

• What made you want to take a break in the first place? Is there something you still need to take care of that is hindering your studies? A job, taking care of a family member, taking care of your health, etc?

All is not lost. Maybe figure out if something is getting in the way of you focusing on your education first. If there is, try to eliminate that distraction as much as possible. Ask teachers, tutors, or other classmates for support as well.

• All I got to say is good luck