Is it odd that Jesus was the only white man in the middle east at the time?

Is it weird that Jesus Christ was the only white man in that area of the world in that era?

• Slightly odd
  • Anomaly yes but perfectly normal
  • Seems a big fishy but I will just simply believe

Most Helpful Girl

• it's all made up, will will not ever know what his real color was. As time went on the stories change, and can't ever go back to what the first person said, because that person is long dead.

• How dare you strut in here giving the best answer so quickly.

• wow thanks!

• Anytime of course. You are by far the smartest to answer and clearly smart anyways.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 11

• technically, people from the middle east are considered caucasian

• Touche puddy cat but you know what I mean. Is it odd that he was the most pale of all the honkies/crackers etc?

• i just think it's because most of our depictions of him come from european artists, who probably saw him as something close to themselves.

• Excellent answer and response.

• What ever colour he was, at least one thing is for sure: his daughter was black. ;)

• How does someone downvote this? Christsakes.. Look up the Black Madonna.

• Mary Magdalene wasn't the Virgin Mary. LOL Oh dear, I think I better just stop.

• Puff puff pass please

• pray do tell me from whence u sourced this interesting information.

• You can see him below on my post, that is what he really looks like.

• Sorry you failed to understand the question.

• oh alright if u say so lmao.

• Uuhhh he wasn't white and literally everyone knows this. It's just common for him to be depicted as a light skinned brown haired guy in paintings and such.

• Not literally everyone knows this. 30% of people from the age of 15 to 30 do not know their own state capitol.

• @Throwit Relax, I'm agreeing with you. I guess I should have said that first. :/ Sorry

• Everyone knows jesus was middle eastern (Israeli). He was depicted as a white man to appeal to the Europeans thus spreading Christian influence.

• Absolutely Miss Bubble

• Jesus wasn't white. Western society has drawn him that way because there are more whites than other races. He was middle eastern ( He was born there so he couldn't of been white)

• I think there may be more Asians but good answer.

• I meant in the western world lol. I know Asians have the most numbers.

• Gotcha :)

• Who said Jesus was white?

• Numerous pictures. Never saw a blue eyes blonde hair Jesus?

• Not in the bible i have not.

• Ok? You have a picture book bible?

• that picture is not jesus anyway... I don't know why they say it is

• Because it confirms their hate of others that look differently.

• 8 stars for creative trolling

• 8? How insulting. I was trying to prove a point here.

• Jesus wasn't white.

• Every church and home of Christians I have been to I saw a picture of a white man with blonde hair and blue eyes.

• I wasn't aware he was white :/

• In church there are pictures of him. He looks like he has blue eyes, blonde hair and pale skin.

What Guys Said 14

• Just like my philosophy teacher said: religion is adapted to who you are. If cows believed in god, their god would have the shape of a cow.

So Christianity had a bigger influence in White Europe, so obviously they're gonna make Jesus white.

• Of course some Nationalistic uneducated western moron down voted you.

• As usual when it comes to religion, you can never please everyone. There are not many open minded people when it comes to religion.

• Religion in my opinion is a sickness/plague.

• "Its a Miracle!!!

• yes it's odd which why if you choose to belief jesus existed we need to understand that he was almost certainly not white...

something you seem to forget is that the Bible was published by white people, so is it shocking that they'd make the savior in the image that most easily they associate with

• Well I don't forget but yes it is shocking if we assume no white people are ignorant of what others in the middle east look like. Good answer.

• jesus was whatever color you imagine him to be. That's the benefit of imaginary beings.

• Jesus wasn't White. The European painters painted him to look more European. He looks more like this. images1.fanpop.com/.../...eism-1846848-270-377.jpg

• Well now after this picture he surely has a warrant or two for his arrest.

• This is what the lord actually looks like, this was painted by a Russian girl who the lord came to in a dream and told her to paint it, people who have had out of body experiences or temporally gone to heaven after being close to death but were saved (resuscitated) can and have confirmed that this is what he really looks like.

blog.godreports.com/.../...e-Kramarik-768x1024.jpg

• yeah i've seen it! i just wonder how accurate it is. like if it's off her memory is it 100% correct, or?

• ohhh ok. well we'll find out eventually won't we? :)

i think i have it actually, but i haven't seen it in awhile so yeah ill watch it again soon.

• @justbanANNAz One day :)

Yeah it's a good movie I saw it the day it came out.

• He was Semitic and would have looked like a Palestinian man. White Christians just can't cope with that shit. It's hilarious that all the prophets of the abrahamic religions were poc but whites christians insist on presenting them as white beacuse they're huge racist hypocrites.

• Do we even know if he was white?

• Do we? (he obviously was not)

• Your probably the same guy as asked the "rape Mary" question aren't you. If you are you are probably just trying to be annoying.

• I am almost never on here. Too bad you do not see the point of my question.

• Jesus wasn't white he was like tanned , bug even if he was white it's normal a lot of middle eastern arw white

• Wait. I'm not religious but was Jesus white?

• White is right so he must have been ya?

• How did you know that he was white?
    And if he really is, then how did you know that he was the only one?

• Technically wasn't Mary of Jewish descent? Therefore Jesus is technically jewish as well.

• Technically jewish in the religious sense?

• Because of their tanned skin. However, black is typically refered to people of African descent and the original Jews aren't as dark those from africa.

• Supposedly the ones that left Egypt were way darker than a tan and half of the ones that were in the middle east were for real black. Your article and a few history books show that.

• Atheists outdoing themselves with their hypocritical "intolerant" bigotry once again

• Oh my you are a victim from this question? Just start a gofundme account and that should make the butthurt better.