Is it hard to eat healthy?

I have personally never had a hard time eating healthy! Every day i allow myself a treat though because of my fast metabolism! But I have heard and witnessed people struggling to eat healthy. Any thoughts on why? Is it income issues, disinterest, laziness, etc? Thanks 😊🌸

Most Helpful Guy

• I feel a major factor is know how. It is rather shocking how many people don't know how to prepare and cook fresh food.

Also, laziness is an issue as well. Some people don't want to put the time in. Buying fresh veggies means going to the store more often. Cooking requires peeling and cutting produce, washing meat, using knives and cutting boards, dirtying pots and pans, cleaning utensils, washing dishes, taking time to plan and cook meals.

Many just say "to hell with it " and go to a Jack In The Box drive through.

Most Helpful Girl

• I mostly eat healthy, too. A lot of healthy foods are actually delicious, and it's nice putting things in your body that don't make you feel gross afterwards.

Healthy food tends to be more expensive than unhealthy food and fast food -- a sad reality. Also if you're busy (or lazy), it's easier to just grab something unhealthy than to find ingredients and take the time to cook something that's actually good for you.

Another reason could be habit. Some people are stuck in their ways of eating unhealthily and don't really care about how it's affecting their body.

What Guys Said 6

• This can depend on many factors. I know a family that eats unhealthy only because they either do not know how to cook or refuse to. They end up eating fast food, processed food that can be heated quickly for convenience. Other factors include that they genuinely like junk food and have grown up with it so long they do not know what healthy food tastes like.

• Disinterest and laziness and ignorance. You can make amazing salads and roasted vegetables with cheap, fresh ingredients. It just takes a bit of time and some know-how, both things that many in the modern world lack.

• People are just so used to eating whatever they eat, it's difficult to eat something totally different. It's a habit at the end of the day, just like smoking and drugs.☺

• not for me
    but I was brought up eating healthy

• for me isn't and makes more fun when u do a cheat meal time to time... l

• Pff send me message plase. I wait 😕

What Girls Said 3

• Not if you know what you're doing. People struggle to eat healthy because they have their vegetables plain and don't realize they can make healthy food tasty. Or they simply don't know how to cook.
    For me, it's not hard because I use different spices and toppings and just once in three months I'll allow myself a pizza.

• Yup. Way too many people don't know how to cook with spices to make vegetables taste good!

• No just find some healthy sugary and salty snacks like protein bars and fruit.

• nope. it can be cheaper than buying prepared food.