Do you care if a product is American made or not?

• Prefer to buy American made
  • Doesn't matter
And for non Americans, do you think that American made goods have higher quality, same quality, or less quality than other made goods.

Most Helpful Girl

• Where's option c? I do care and prefer non American products sometimes. Like, when it comes to make up or food, I've tried both American and non American and I prefer non American because I feel like their better. Makeup are better quality, food too and taste better. Cars, prefer eauropean. However, when it comes to electronics I like apple. So really, it depends on what product I'm buying

Most Helpful Guy

• I do care because I know some products made in china and other places are purposely made badly, and sabotaged.

And if we stopped outsourcing to all these countries for the cheap slave labor and yes that is pretty much what it is and brought our factories our business back the states we could boost our economy and provide a lot of jobs for American citizens.

not to mention having the majority of our stuff made in other countries allows to hold us hostage in a sense if they want like if we ever pissed off China then they could just simply stop making our stuff and we would be without a lot of our products in stores which could really put us is a bind.

What Girls Said 3

• tbh not really.. hmm

• I don't care 😊

• no it doesn't matter to me

What Guys Said 9

• I prefer to buy American. But I don't make a big deal out of it.

With loss of competition there is not much choice any more. I don't mean about where it's made, I mean about just about everything. Real competition and choice is becoming a thing of the past. You get whatever Walmart or Target says you get.

• I'm more of a support the businesses that I like kind of person. I also prefer to support a local business in my town over a different one if i can. Like id rather eat at the mcdonalds at home than the one the town over if i can. I have no idea if it matters tho o. o

• It depends. Some things are better American. But I personally like German and Japanese ingenuity too. All three make great automobiles.

• It's not like I have a choice most of the time. Either I buy something expensive and made in America or I buy the same thing but at a much lower price because it's made in another country.

• I don't care.

Yours sincerely, Scotland.

• whatever is on offer

• American goods are better than our products..

• Doesn't matter if it's American made 7 girls 8 guys (79%)
    Why is it that we can't find a decent job? People use to be able to raise a family on factory jobs. Now their almost all gone.

• It depends what it is, if it is peanut butter then it absolutely has to be American and by JIF :)

Tools, usually prefer American or German made ones.

Electronic devices, never really cared but prefer those that are designed in America rather than those from elsewhere.

Cars, prefer German and made in Germany. Else Japanese and preferably made in Japan too. However those made in US are fine too.

Clothes? Never really cared.

These days I doubt there really is a thing that is completely made in America unless it is timber products. Many things are assembled in America but may not necessarily be assembled using components that are made in America.

In any case it rarely ever matters where a product is assembled at these days, as for it saving jobs, I doubt that it saves as many jobs as purported as these days most goods that are mass produced are produced in highly automated and mechanized production plants.