Cell phone issues? what do I do?

I have a smartphone (Samsung Galaxy S4) and I'm in a 2 year contract with Sprint, I got the phone, plan and contract this past November 29. And eversince after I got it, I've been having 2 different issues with it several times at least. It's on and off and I feel like just giving up on it already and getting a new phone but I don't have the money for a new phone. The 2 different issues are freezing and charging problems. Right now I'm having the battery/charging problems. It shows that it's charging with the red light and charging symbol next to the battery percentage, but it doesn't actually charge. When I use it on the charger it goes down and it takes forever for it to charge when I'm not using it. I don't know if it's the battery? I went to the settings and battery section and it says 21 hours until battery fully charged. That has to be fucking bullshit. It doesn't say it's charging either now. Last night it said it was charging with this issue but now it makes sense for it to not say it when it isn't. I know they won't give me a free phone. What do I do? Help please! Please and thank you in advance

Most Helpful Girl

• Have you called tech support or bought a new charger?

What Guys Said 4

• I also have Samsung Galaxy S4. It comes with 1 year warranty. Go to your Sprint strore and claim the warranty. They'll fix everything. Don't worry and don't waste time.

Good luck :)

• It could very easily be an overheating issue. My advice is to go RMA the device as it's still under warranty for that first year. Don't use the insurance option if you pay for it unless it's out of warranty cause RMA should be free.

• Freezing and charging problem may indicate that you're phone is overheating. Overheating stops the charging and decreases CPU speed to take care of overheating.

My S4 battery bloated due to excessive heating and it was awful.

Try charging it via USB cable and see.

• Go to a cell phone repair shop, they can check and see better what the issue is

What Girls Said 3

• Do you pay for the total protection coverage? Also since it hasn't been a year yet it should be covered under manufacturer warranty. Go to the sprint store and talk to them. I would personally just switch to tmobile and cancel your contract with sprint. They tried fucking me out of like 1.2k last month, Bullshit phone company.

• Yeah, and my plan is unlimited everything $80 a month but they started raising it and the last few months I've been paying less than a dollar away from $100 and with that too I've thought of trying to find something else, but they said the termination fee is 500 and that they owe me a $500 deposit when I reach the half way through mark.

• You have to call them. The online thing doesn't have actual people, theyre robots.

• Oh ok. Thank you

• Samsung doesn't have 1 year warranty?

• Warranty info could be in the papers but I don't remember anything about it.

• you'll have to call the company.

• Ok. Thank you

• I tried calling Sprint but it said that they're closed and ended the phone call, which I don't get because I've called after hours before and I talked to someone. It has me choose options to narrow it down, put in my number and then it says they're closed