Non-Gurus: Do you feel like it takes forever to become a GURU?

hahaha Non-Gurus- I'm dying at that word :D hahah!!!

just forget the word Non-Gurus and replaced it with GAGERs who are not Gurus! lol

I feeeeeel like it's taking an eternity to become a GURU, why? I just want to be a master and at this rate I'll be here forever :( :(

Most Helpful Guy

• Guru status does take forever to get there, but I feel like it is important for that to be the case, otherwise it just wouldn't be as special. If everyone had guru sage wisdom and cool black badge to prove it, it would just be another thing. However, since Guru takes a ton of points and stuff, it really excels at showing who put the time in and effort on GAG to make it happen. (Also, the point may be to keep you here forever xD)

www.fitmomofnine.com/.../Hang-in-There-Kitten.png

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 27

• You know my views on this.
    I would personally ban all public labelling and display of Xper totals/levels. Keep the awards but it is a private process then every user is equal judged on quality of input to the site not their badges. How is a master any different from a newbie, why do I need to know someone is an editor - The only label should be available is an admin as a symbol that if anybody needs help the admin is there. I don't care if someone is "m", "s" or "u" - A moderator can do just as good a job unseen.

• Sorry Clarisa - I just realised how grumpy that sounded - I know some people like all the labels - I don't know what it is with me - I have a thing about the labels bringing attention onto you whether that is a fair assumption or not, who knows?

• I really couldn't care less about Master or Guru status. It means absolutely sod all except you've been here a long time. Might as well just go by your date of joining! Who's been here the longest?

I think a high MHG (MHO?) is a much better indication of ability and sincerity.

• Yeah, it takes a while, but if you're active, then you eventually get there.

Becoming a Master is more difficult, though. I'd have to go on a rapid XPER spree for that, but sometimes the NEXT button puts me in a circular loop, and that makes it impossible to be effective.

• Haha you know, the things that take a lot of effort give you the best feeling once you achieved the goal :D
    But yeah, most activities on GAG earn relatively little points so fortunately you're a girl!
    I mean: you won't have grown a long beard by the time that guru label appears 8) 8)

• I became a Guru like last month, but honestly, I never even cared about that, I don't even pay attention to it, since I'm not here for the xPer or the level.

• I forgot to say that it took me 10 months, so you could say it's a long time.

• I totally get you Ale buuutttttttttt I want to be a Master and be cool :(

• It takes a LONG time to get at even 10,000XPer. It took me years.

I'm amazed at how fast some of these users obtain points; they must spend a lot of time on here! :-D

• Its not about the journey not the destination.

• Yes, but there's a reason why. They want to make sure you give good answers and not on here just to be an xper whore (someone who just does this for the xper points). To me the title of guru means they know about many subjects and are the most willing to share the answers. It also means you are the most active to the website and have really earned the title.

• actually being a guru in GAG nowdays mean nothing... it's not a "special" title anymore... most regular users who've spent like half-year on GAG at least have a Guru badge anyway

• I've been here two years. Of course I've not been extremely active those whole two years. But if I would have been I might have been a guru during the good days lol.

• Yes it does, it took me over a year to become GURU, probably would take even longer now, as when I first joined Xper points where earned faster.

• Gag Power Chart

Creator
    Admin
    Mod
    Master
    Guru
    Gaggers ( you are here )
    Newbie Gagers
    Trolls

But chin up you'll get there someday.

• She's technically at mod status tho...

• I hear a revamp calling my name.

@Klaatu51 nice and detailed.

• Ya, especially since they made earning xper points more difficult. Like shit, I've been here for 4.5 years and I'm still not a damn guru!

Ridonkulous!!! 😣

• Kinda, but it doesn't matter to me. :P

Honestly, with the rate that I use GAG, it'll probably only take a few more months to reach it xD

• it takes a full year I imagine:P first couple of levels are easy then you hit 8 and 9 it... takes forever after that.

• What's so special about the status besides a name change? What does having guru even symbolize.. that you post a lot?

• Gurus and Masters are SOOO mainstream!
    I live in the moment, keeping it real and see where the Xper takes me!

• Having a higher Xper level doesn't mean shit here. Some people just ask some random, senseless, and sometimes stupid questions just to move up.

• Yeah seems i may need 10 years to win those points, but i dont really care to that, the nice thing about gag is that we can know the girls better.

• I haven't cared much about being a Guru. I'm all about that mho% game.

• Is the Internet of things really that important?

• It took meh nearly 9yrs 😰
    Goodluck to u baby cl 💏

• I don't care about becoming a Guru lol

• i'm waiting for xper 8 slow down! xD

• What's the difference between Editor, Guru, Master etc?

• Ikr! I wanna be a guru or a master. I've never spent xp either! I want it!!

• Seriously if you hate your life It would be easier then 😂

• Yes close to that

• i will be a old man by the time i became guru on here

What Girls Said 21

• Doesn't take a long time at all if you don't have a life. I became a Guru in just under 3 months bc of my lack of life x_x It's kinda embarrassing even.

• I am now and I was a Guru before. It took me 4 years to reach level 10 and when I did they made an update and I had to wait until I got 20,000 Xper points.
    I know this feeling, when I was at level 9 I felt that I would never become a Guru again, it took me 1 year and a half to get there.
    Now, I can't wait to become a Master, but I will need 3 or 4 more years to make it lol

But you will get there, I'm sure :)

• It takes long become either one if you're not a user constantly posting (questions or advice reads) and you definitely don't want to comment on a lot of stupid posts then it takes forever. I still hate the way they changed the points system on the very first initial update bc it's like wtf now.

• I felt like I got to Guru status so quickly.
    It's really easy to go up if you answer lots of questions.

• teaaach me your ways :D

• if someone posts BS then he/she can get to Guru status in 1 month
      if someone's more collected.. hmmm maybe a year if he/she posts on GAG daily?

• @Klaatus51 my edges are gone.

• Yes...

http://i.imgur.com/cNdmwsd.gif

Well not really, I don't pay attention to be honest. I know I have a long way to go!

• Hmm I guess I don't really care about whether I could reach Guru level or not. If I do then it's okay, but if I don't then it's okay too. But I think I might deactivate even before I managed to reach Guru level :p

• I took a break for a few months._. And now I'm trying to get to the next xp level - even that is taking forever.

• It took me a little over 7 months to make guru. Seems like it's gonna take at least another year to be a master.

• No. I don't think it takes forever. I don't even care about it.

• This is my third month here.. I think I'll be guru in a few days..

• I need 2 lives to become a Guru on this site, lol. 😂

• Sortaish? I feel like Guru is so far away! But I seem to be escalating quickly. Mid-July I was Xper 6 and now I'm Xper 8 so I guess I'm getting there!

• When things changed I withdraw myself from attempting to be one.
    I could already be one, but the changes from the site, plus my job, don't allow me to become one.

• given the speed i reached level 9, it will take me 1-1.5 years to reach Guru status
    may be faster since i've been on here much more than ever lately

• Not really. It was easier back then.

• You haven't even been here a year It took me 2 years to make Guru

• Can't stop laughing at non-gurus
    Anyways, I guess. I don't really care about it. :p

• Haha I'm struggling to get to 9 Xper. I have no idea how long that takes. :o

• I just took a step backward if I was operating my old id I might have been thinking the same thing as you.

• Now days it does.. Much like earning a Master title.. But who cares anyway..
    My pet peeve are the sponsored takes and 7000 point for Amazon GC 👿😤

• Nope, not really. I just like offering advice and receiving them.