Is there any way I'd be able to track my stolen iphone? HELP?

some idiot stole my iphone 5s and because I'm a smartass I didn't download any apps on it or anything to track it , the only thing I have is the serial number, so is there any way I'd be able to track it?
PS: I tried contacting apple didn't work
and the cops do a quite crappy job at finding stuff

Most Helpful Guy

• You don't need to download an app for the find my iphone thing to work, you would have however needed to set it up at an earlier point when the phone was still in your possession. If you didn't do that and didn't download the app, odds are the phone is gone.

If you have the IMEI you could report it as stolen though to your carrier, they usually stock a database of stolen numbers so the device can't be activated.

Most Helpful Girl

• If you didn't download any apps then you're out of luck.

What Guys Said 1

• If it is still turned on it is possible to learn from the carrier the location of the cell tower it is pinging. That just tells you the general neighborhood where it is located. But I imagine it has another sim card in it by now. Sorry.

What Girls Said 3

• Call 1-800-MYAPPLE. If Find my iPhone is not turned on then their is no way you could track the phone.

• It's gone forvever now.

• He will be at the bank to rob it. Go find him