What do you think: why are so many people like this on GaG?

Maybe it's just me but I feel like there are so many unhappy or even outright miserable people on here. Every day I see at least 5 questions of people saying how they're so depressive, how they've been struggling with anxiety issues for the past 10 years, how they're just generally bitter about life, how they think that they're ugly and wish they were prettier/more handsome, how they believe they might be autistic... etc.
It seems like either this place is an incredibly strong magnet for unhappy people or people with mental issues (no offense intended) or these people exaggerate their own state of mind and for example claim to have a depression when in reality, they've just been experiencing some sadness for the past few days.
If these GaGers are indeed genuine about their feelings, it seems a bit strange to me that they would share them so prominently on here. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but I've experienced a severe depression myself a few years back with psychological therapy and all that and I remember that I didn't want to talk about it with anyone except my therapist... let alone strangers on an online forum. I also wouldn't have expected these strangers to know a solution for a personal, emotional problem that even a trained psychologist was struggling with. I hope this doesn't come across as insensitive... I'm just kind of confused I guess.
What do you all think?

Most Helpful Guy

• At the end of the day, everyone gets a kind of relief from communicating with other people and receiving attention. Even if its on a derpy site such as this. Humans are biologically social creatures.

What Girls Said 3

• They are looking for an outsider's opinion or just venting. Some people can't get professional help or the professionals aren't effectively helping them out. They got problems much bigger than yours. :P Not everyone is like you.

• Well most people come on here to get answers to their problems

• I think they just want somewhere to let it all out where whatever they say doesn't stick to them.

What Guys Said 8

• I am not sure, people join various forums, sites, communities for different purposes. Some people come here to just vent and they need a platform to do so and internet is one such platform.

• The internet is a good place to voice out your opinions about things, that you wouldn't want socially attached to you in the real world.

Especially a website like this, where you can voice your thoughts somewhere that isn't linked to your "relevant to real life" internet websites like Facebook and such.

• I think they share it here, because in real life they think or know that nobody actually cares or listens to them.

• "If these GaGers are indeed genuine about their feelings, it seems a bit strange to me that they would share them so prominently on here. I'm not saying it's necessarily a bad thing but I've experienced a severe depression myself a few years back with psychological therapy and all that and I remember that I didn't want to talk about it with anyone except my therapist"

I love your opinion stating, just because some people are different than you means that they are fake.

• I never said that. I even explained that it's my personal opinion and that I simply find it STRANGE. Not fake. It's so incredibly tiring that I always have to make extra quadruple sure on GaG that no one can possibly come along and deliberately misinterpret what I say. Like when people say something about races or sexual preferences and immediately afterwards have to explain in 1000+ words that they are definitely in no way whatsoever possibly homophobic or racist and that it's really, really, really just a fucking personal opinion. Americans and political correctness is just... it's like living in a dictatorship. You can't say "blop" anymore without somebody screaming "how can you dare to insult our dear leader like this!"

• Ok so to be clear you are telling me now that when you say
      "If these GaGers are indeed genuine about their feelings " ... (reason why they are not genuine)...
      This statement does not imply they are not genuine? On top of that , "I never said that"

And just because I don't give much shit about my profile info on G@G, doesn't mean I am American.
      It's not political correctness, don't tag cliche topics from here and there to justify your statements.
      Political correctness is just euphemisms, this is no euphemism, you directly implied what you said.

• Cuz they have no one to turn to. Soical medias is for the lonely and lost souls where they can communicate their thoughts freely without worrying about being judge.

• This is what the site is about Its about getting opinions, and finding people who feel your situation and can share their experiences.

• Oh look, you just summarized this entire site.

• Depressed, virgin, insecure, people come here to vent their problems. Sometimes it's not about solving the problem... just having people there to listen to them.