Would you ride bicycle with a baby?

Most Helpful Guy

• Probably but I would be so slow that it wouldn't even be fun lol.

Most Helpful Girl

• Sure why not...

• Thanks for MH :)

What Guys Said 8

• Yes, but not like that.
    I come from Switzerland where - contrary to the US - the bicycle is cherished as a cheap, clean, fast, fun and extremely convenient means of transportation. Swiss people loooove to ride their bikes. In fact, some of us ride their bikes more than they drive cars or hop on public transportation (for example I do 95% of all my transportation with my bike). Admittedly, it's also more fun to ride your bike in Swiss cities than in American cities because our cities are much more adapted to bicycles (simply because there are so many bike lovers here). Our roads are all pretty small and traffic speeds are low (about 18 miles per hour on neighborhood roads and 30 miles per hour on the big streets that connected the different parts of a city). Also, we have bicycle lanes almost everywhere. So naturally, it's very common here to see parents using their bikes to go grocery shopping with their kids or bring them to kindergarten. Most Swiss kids also learn to ride a bike (without supporting wheels) at a pretty young age (5-6) because it's an important part of our culture and not being able to ride a bike is considered rather odd.
    Before they ride their bikes themselves, children and toddlers/babies are usually either transported in special baby chairs like this:
    www.google.ch/search
    or in toddler-trailers that can be attached to the parent's bike like this one:
    www.google.ch/search
    Both are very common here and can be seen everywhere. While the former one is meant particularly for small babies, the latter one is for toddlers and children to age of 5-6, when they start learning how to ride their own bike. The second one is also particularly practical because you can transport two children in it. I remember my dad always taking my little sister and me to go grocery shopping like this.
    So yes, I would... no, I will certainly ride my bike with my kids like this.

• Sounds cool!
      I want to go to Switzerland now. Haha

• Yeah, I would! The kid would have a nice time!

• Right? I would want to do it too but looks risky!

• Nope. I get hit by a car and I can recover from it. If a kid that small is with me when it happens he's vulcher food. Cars are aholes to bike riders. I was in a bike lane once and a guy with all the room in the world with no other cars around pulls his car halfway in the bike lane just as he's about to pass me. I had to hop onto the sidewalk and he honked a bunch when he passed by.

• That doesn't look to safe to ride with a baby

• I don't plan on having kids. If I did have a kid she/he/it is not riding with me. Its dangerous.

• Maybe. But I'd be really slow and careful. Can't do that the way I ride right now.

• Yeah I am an expert

• Yes XD when i have a son or daughter or both

What Girls Said 2

• My mom did that with me when I was a kid but I was in a backseat behind her - I remember it being so much fun!
    So yeah if I ever have a child I might take it in the backseat, too :)

• Nope, too risky