Is it possible to leave the country at 16?

I am a 14 year old girl from England and i'm not getting treated right at Home. I have a friend in Spain and was wondering when I turn 16 if I could live there?
Is this possible?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• And what are you gonna do in Spain? Is your friend's family just gonna feed you? You do know they're in a huge economic crisis right? Are you gonna attend school in Spanish? How are you going to get a job? The unemployment rate for people under 30 is at an incredibly 45-50% in Spain. As much as I like Spain culturally and as a vacation destination (I have family members who live on the Balearic Islands), I don't think it's a country you wanna live in. There are thousands of Spanish people come to central and northern Europe every year... I think that says enough.

Most Helpful Girl

• Anyone can leave if they find a job or a rich boyfriend somewhere else

What Guys Said 6

• I am not Spanish but I live in Spain.
    In terms of visa's there is no problem. You can stay anywhere in Europe (assuming you are English). And live is 10 times better than in the UK. (I have also lived in London)

But I would wait until you are 18. Your situation might change. And when you are 18 you can get a job. People that speak a foreign language can do jobs in Spain. For example in call centers. Just google "English speaking jobs Barcelona" and you'll understand what I mean.

But... please be sure you really want to leave. Too many girls get stuck in a country they don't know because that "friend" suddenly wasn't so much a friend anymore. These girls sadly end up badly (slavery, prostitution, dead, etc). This is not a Spanish thing. This can happen in any country. Even in your own.
    Don't be in a hurry to leave. Try everything to solve the problem at home before you even consider Spain or any other country.

I hope everything works out for you.

• A 16-year-old moving alone to another country sounds like a story of rape and who knows what else. Don't even consider that as a possibility. Do you even know that friend of yours in person? Try solving your problems at home; maybe you can seek the help of an adult where you live: if you don't know anyone you can trust, I suggest talking about it with a female teacher at school; at least where I live, highschool teachers often care about your situation at home.

• You can leave home in England.

I don't know what the law is in Spain, though.

That said, I doubt that you would be stopped.

• I'm pretty sure you'll need to wait until your 18. Even then you'll need a work permit to stay permanently.

• 0|0
    • Oh hahaha thanks but it's not that bad I just always argue with my Parents and think I would be happier in Spain for a little

• Not unless you get amansapated

What Girls Said 2

• It might be possible, I don't know what the laws are in England, but in my state in the United States I have the legal freedom as an adult, but I still have to respect the age laws (ie. voting, drinking, etc.)
    by the way I have a LOT of family issues too, and if you want to talk about it, I'd love to support you, just message me.

• i don´t think you´re going to have any trouble with money because spain is cheaper than england but still you should save money
    by the way I´m Spanish hehe it´s a really beautiful country so you should definitely come :)