Is it bad that I want mixed children so they won't go through what I went through?

is it bad that i want mixed children so they won't go through what i went through?

im a black girl and i only talk to white men so my children can be mixed and not feel unwanted for being dark and having nappy hair.

Most Helpful Guy

• Wow. You hate what you are THAT MUCH? That's sad. I give your kids more support now even before they're born than you ever will. Nature intended your just to be that way for natural reasons. It is what it is. It's hair. It's a type of hair. Men are naturally physically attracted to women n vice versa. Nature made it that way for procreation, if not the human race never would have made it this far.

You're more than a what. You're a who. What you are does not define who you are. Not does your or snyone else's hair or skin or ass or tits or eyes or lips or any of that physical or hereditary or geographical origins crap. You make yourself who you are everyday. You can't change what you are, but you can change who you are.

Could you even love your mixed kids if they had nsppy hair any way with a white father? No. Your family is even worse if they made you feel unwanted. Between you and them I'm surprised there's any of the masses Kool aid left for anyone else to drink. Seems you guys got it all. Every drop. And you want more.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should date a man because you like him not because of his race. Mulattos have different skin colors they don't come out with the same skin color as Mariah Carey. Lol. I'm African American and im very light skinned. Both of my parents are black but I have lighter skin color from my mom's white ancestors. Look at rashida jones she is half black and white d39ya49a1fwv14.cloudfront.net/.../...ida-jones.jpg
    Now look at Toks Olagundoye she has a black father and a white mother. She is mulatto and she's darker than me. Mulattos vary in different hair and eye colors too. They all don't have wavy or curly hair. I know a mulatto girl who gets her hair relaxed at my black hair salon. I know a mulatto girl who has naturally curly hair and she gets is dyed blonde. Genetics is random. www.poptower.com/toks-olagundoye-picture-89470.htm

What Guys Said 8

• even if you mate with a white guy your kids could still have nappy hair

• I feel the world is slowly getting better so it might be you don't have to worry

Look for someone u love, white or not

• Lel this funnay for sum reason 😆

• Unsarcastically, seems legit.

• Self-hatred?
    Not a good look
    Work on that before trying to have children

• just look for a light skinned black man there's nothing wrong but do you want spoiled kids or go getters

• Having mixed children is OK, but, that would be for the WRONG reason

• I don't see how it's "bad", but maybe you shouldn't need to feel that way? I mean I'm white but I don't see why you or your children should have a hard time. I mean you could have mixed children as a solution, but then again, you could move to a more accepting community or location perhaps?

The only thing "bad" about either of those is the fact that you feel that it's necessary, or if it is necessary.

What Girls Said 9

• What if your child comes out being your color & having happy hair? I know some mixed kids that are dark & have nappy hair. I think you're not ready to have kids. You have to first love yourself & be confident, especially bcus you're going to have to teach your kids that.

• ummm you realize just because their father is white doesn't mean they won't look just like you right?

• they'll be half white though.

• that makes no difference. You obviously do not understand genetics

• yeah i do. it does make a difference between mixed children look different than black children.

• It's more than disturbing and if you live in the US, they'll probably still be treated like you.

I don't know how to help you, but I hope your life works out how you hope, dude. This is really sad.

• Mixed children go through a lot too.
    You need to start loving the skin you are in. This self- hate in the black community has got to stop.

• i agree but its hard when there's always negative things being said about black women. and how white women are always put on a pedestal

• I once thought just like this. Please trust me when I say that is changing. You're so young that the thought of having children should not even be on your priority list right now. White women are put on a pedestal because European features are the standard of beauty here. There are all forms of beauty.

As far as your skin... our skin has a higher cellular turnover rate than lighter skin ( we heal faster), and we are naturally more protected from the sun. These blessings are not something to be ashamed of.

As far as our hair... we have been brainwashed to believe kinky or tightly coiled hair is disgusting, and needs to be tamed. This is not true... this was a idea made to make us feel we are inferior and need to conform to European features in order to make the majority feel less distracted by our differences.

• I would also recommenced reading the Willy Lynch letter for more insight on how black culture has been formed.

• that doesn't guarantee anything

a girl i went to elementary school with was half-black/half-white and she was still pretty dark had that so-called "nappy hair."

genetics is pure lottery

• That is bad have you no pride or self respect. Everyone has had problems and obstacles they must over come.

• I don't think it is bad at all! You've had bad experiences I guess! But, ultimately, you should teach your kids to love themselves no matter what they look like and tell others that put your kids down to fuck off

• I have mixed cousins and they get mistreated at times by ignorant people. My cousins have coffee colored skin and beautiful afro's so you can obviously tell they are mixed. Your children may look light skinned but they will still have African features. Don't be ashamed of your race! love your skin. I'm really sorry you are feeling like this =(

• growing up i've always been told that lighter skin is better. ):

• when you have children teach them to love their skin! you should teach yourself too. You are beautiful the way you are and fuck the racist pricks who tell you otherwise!

• I feel sorry for you. It is sad that our people cannot love ourselves enough to be confident and feel beautiful no matter what some people say. Just dont have children at all. you'll probably pass on to them the idea that their skin color is the most inportant thing about them.

• i have no problem having light skinned kids, i grew up with them and they were treated better. its the dark black people that suffer

• Im light skinned and my mom is dark and she thinks just like you and honestly its pathetic. When your mom thinks your better because your light and wants you to have light grandchildren it effects you. Its ignorance and it will effect your children and their self esteem just as it did mine. If you learn to love yourself you'll be a lot happier. How will your husband feel to know you picked him because of his skin color, probably the same way you feel when you get rejected because of your skin color; your part of the problem.
      Im light skinned and I have suffered to, at the hands of people like you who think that I am better than them.