Do you think people who smoke marijuana do it to fill a void?

I think so. My boyfriend does it because he likes it, but one night he admitted to me that he does it because he's depressed and weed makes him calm and happy. I only tried it twice but i never got high because i think i did it wrong and the first time i did it, i think i almost choked to death. It was not a good experience, and i've never liked it even before doing it. I always get mad when my boyfriend does it in front of me... I think there are better ways to calm down like running, the gym, hobbies...
Do you think people who smoke weed do it to fill a void?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• There are better ways to fill the void than any kind of substance. That be weed, alcohol, or worse (and this coming from someone who admittedly drinks too much).

I think trying to get your boyfriend to do other things to help instead is a lot better than using a drug to get there. I'm trying to exercise and learn a new language as ways of stress relief and relaxing, rather than turning to alcohol. Some days it works, other days it doesn't. Good luck.

Most Helpful Girl

• i think it's different for everyone. some people certaintly have issues and they turn to weed to resolve those issues.. for some people it helps with anxiety/depression/sadness and insomnia. for others, it makes it worse.
    some people just do it as a social thing and to enjoy the high. i understand why you'd get mad when your boyfriend does it in front of you. he should be respectful and not make you be around that. there are better ways to calm down in most situations, but some people are just too dumb to realize that so they smoke marijuana instead. it's probably just convenient for them and they like it more.

What Guys Said 8

• it's like alcohol - some use it, but some let it use them.

also, if you want to get high, you could try edibles. They work very well.

• Yes in most cases. Some do it because they are bored, some because they are depressed, some because they like to feel good, some because they want to fit in, and several other reasons. The only time I think it's not are people using it for medical reasons or in some rare recreational reasons.

• Weed doesn't even work like that for a lot of people. If I'm feeling depressed and then smoke weed, all it does is enhance my depression by forcing me to think about it more in-depth.
    It's quite literally one of the worst drugs to drown your sorrows with.

• Its more likely to give them a void...
    . between the ears

• I'm not gonna like I like smoking weed. Done it about eight times. But all the money your gonna put in down the line to smoke it, the risk of being drug tested, and the risk of being drug tested by the cops it really isn't worth it.

• Some do certainly. Others, it might not necessarily be that.

• I do, but I can't speak for all weed smokers.

• Sometimes, but some people just like doing it. It's like when I eat my favorite food I don't do it to fill a void besides my stomach.

What Girls Said 0