Are you okay with eating meat?

What are your views on eating meat? Are you against it or okay with it? If you are or aren't please give me your reasons..

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't eat meat. Maybe I'd have less issue if it wasn't for the way we eat meat, in this modern, convenience era, which is essentially, unreflectively, to distract or for a buzz. The meat that most people eat also tastes like plasticy crap nowadays. It's usually highly processed, possibly pumped with hormones, and of generally low quality. Not to mention the question of sustainability, and the human population living out of sync with nature. You can get an interesting different take on protein here, obviously heavily influencing me at the moment! http://alchemycalpages.com/foodu.html

Most Helpful Girl

• Im against people who just eat the cheapest meat, not giving a shit about how tortured it were when the animal was living.

Im okay with people eating free range and organic, because I know it's impossible for everyone to go vegan.

Personally, I don't eat any meats or animal products (milk, eggs, cheese, ice cream, etc)

• You can still have quality meat that's not free range or organic. Like if it's properly cleaned. Fed quality feed. Treated humanely. There are a large number of farmers who do that.

• I don't consider animals who have been locked in a small stall their lives, castrated without anesthesia and so on, good quality meat from an animal treated humanely. @Destinylaw

What Guys Said 38

• I eat meat because as humans we are omnivores. Our bodies are designed for it and animal fats are actually responsible for humans developing larger brains due to its high energy content which is important for brain function.(20% of all calories burned are for the brain, the most expensive energy wise) So meat is good for you and cutting it out of your diet is detrimental to health. Any time you cut food from your diet your reducing the nutrituonal value of your meals. Though to be fair less meat then is what is standard (in america) would probably be better over all.

• Meh , nutrient is nutrient.
    Efficiency trumps all. I'll like to say we are only as carnivore as we need to be.
    If going vegan is easier , cheaper and as nutrient complete without having to measure everything by the mg , then I'm gonna go that route.

Hell , if I have a fuel flap where I can just stuck a nozzle down and top up on nutrients i need.
    I'd do that.
    i.telegraph.co.uk/.../carhire_2514932b.jpg

• http://cdn.meme.am/instances/36226056.jpg

I grew up eating it and still like eating it now so why stop.

• I've curbed my red meats and eat chicken and shellfish , so you can say I am ok to eat meat
    Why do I eat meat and why now mostly chicken.
    Well being culinary art trained , but not a chef, I enjoy many foods, I am doing a lot of indian dishes, curries, butter chicken, I make fresh tomato gravy the indian way and eat it with rice.

There is some merit to being a vegan, but for now its not for me, but for those who are, I have lots of foods I like that have no annimal products in it of anykind,

• I love eating meat! It's a source of protein and people have always eaten meat. I'm completely okay with it.

• Its natural to eat meat and i enjoy it. But i dont like eating meat if formerly the animal hasn't been treated right eg. having too many animals all stocked together in a cruel way.👎
    If we eat them, they should at least had a nice environment to live in, good food (without excess antibiotics or drugs), and wide open spaces👌😄
    Its better for them to die like that, having experienced luxury live, than struggling to survive in the wildness hahaha
    But most companies nowerdays treat animals like trash and only think in profit😒
    Hope this helped👌😄

• I like meat and eat it. However, if someone doesn't want to eat me, that's ok with me. They can do what they want.

Personally, I like the taste of meat (bacon especially lol) and I grew up on eating meat so I am used to it and have not seen or heard of a reason for me to stop.

• Yup I am perfectly fine with shooting, gutting, catching, skinning and eating anything with anything that has 2 or more legs that isn't human.

they were put on this earth to be used for whatever necessary purposes we require of them, whether that be clothing or food.

I regularly hunt, trap and fish for food, it's way cheaper then buying it and it makes you learn good survival skills like how to hunt animals, track, and learn the hazards of the outside.

• It's the best think you can eat.

• It would be a shame to let bacon go unloved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUYSGojUuAU

• I like meat fine.

Foxes, wolves, dogs, cats, lizards, turtles, birds of prey, and fish all eat meat. I follow their lead.

• I'm 100% cool with it; Meat makes up 40% of my diet.

The way I see it, we're just as much part of the food chain as any other animal. I don't harvest deer because I think I'm superior to deer, I harvest deer because they taste good and because I only need to shoot 2 to eat good for a year.

I hunt for ethical reasons, since I'm proper opposed to the meat industry and the way they treat animals, and deer only live 10 years, so shooting an animal who's lived a natural life in open spaces for half its life seems a lot more respectful than buying CAFO meats. I'm also the one who has to kill the animal, so I make sure that its sacrifice doesn't go unappreciated, and I harvest as much meat as I can.

I don't mount shit because I don't view the animal as a 'trophy'. I view it as a food source when I need to eat, and as just another creature trying to survive when I'm not.

• I have been a vegetarian for over 20 years, my wife longer. We choose not to eat meat for a number of reasons:
    1 Meat really isn't that healthy for you
    2 The way meat is raised and killed in the west is cruel, and I want' no part of that
    3 The meat industry is one of the worst polluters in the US.
    4 Humans do NOT need meat in their diet, it's a habit, and a bad one at that.

• I LOVE MEAT. I SHALL EAT THE FLESH FROM IT'S BONES. Lol, jk. Yeah I like bacon and shit. 😏

• Yeah, I'm like a carnivore lol

• I pretty much only eat meat

• I'm an omnivor so that sums it up

• Obviously I am for it, as humans are omnivores.

• I'm a meatatarian and vegetables are just way too healthy for you

• I eat meat because it tastes good, it feels like an essential component to any meal (besides breakfast) since that's how it was growing up, and I'm personally okay with the idea of animals being bred and killed for human use. I actually avoid eating fish because they're usually not farmed.

• I'm okay with it cause it was the way I was brought up. It's in my culture to eat meat so I couldn't see why I wouldn't.

• Yeah i like it

• its tasty!!! i only eat animals that are vegatarians

• It taste good and it gives me sustenance.

• I like to eat certain meat mainly ground beef, chicken, fish

• I'm against it but I'm a hypocrite at the same time for saying I am. I'll become a vegetarian at some point.

• Its the best shite ever!

• I eat meat. Protein is needed for normal development of the body.

• Yep only the meat of goat, cow, Buffalo, chicken, fish

• If God didn't want us to eat meat, then he wouldn't have made us omnivores.

• More from Guys
    8

What Girls Said 30

• I like meat so of course I'm okay with it. My family actually raises beef cattle that we sell at the market. Now, there's no way I would be able to eat one of the cattle I helped raise since I give them names and get attached to them. Lol I have no issues eating meat from an animal I didn't raise though.

• Yeah I am. I eat them for protein because I can't afford to eat cheese which costs more and nuts also cost a lot of money and are VERY high in calories compared to chicken or fish. I do try to avoid eating too much meat though - just enough to keep myself healthy and strong.

• I don't eat pork or beef. But I do eat chicken and fish. I don't really eat either very often at all :p

my diet consists of mostly fruits, veggies, lentils and other beans, and ice cream ;)

• I'm cool with it, quite honestly i couldn't go without my meat it's just SO GOOD! omnomnom :P and it wouldn't be able to make as many varied meals ether... so id get bored with what i eat.

• sure. I'm fine with it.

• I'm vegetarian therefore obviously I'm not okay with eating it and I'm never gonna eat it.

• Oh wow, very interesting. Wrong for two people to downvote you though, because although I couldn't do it myself (I really like my meat), I still think that's a respectable and interesting choice.

• I'm okay with. Humans are on the top of the food chain, and that's the way it has been since the beginning of times. I'm not a big fan of meat but I don't see any problem in eating it.

• I'm a big fan of meat! I can't even imagine how my life would be if I suddenly had to stop eating meat.
    So, I'm okay with it.

• I love meat, I could not live without it.

• I eat meats because thats what I'm use to eating. Not crazy about things like sharks and exotic animals being eaten and things like horses and dogs. I think certain animals you just don't eat. And I hate how some farm animals are treated.

• Meat is the main bulk of my meals. Without it my stomach just feels empty. I understand that I'm consuming animals, but I'm just playing my part in the food chain, that's all. I try to eat organic meat as much as possible though.

• Yeah. I buy organic meat and eggs. Makes me feel a little better to know that the animals weren't horribly abused, in any case.

• Yeah I'm pretty happy with it. Had 4 portions of meat today.

• Right now, yes, but in the future I plan to become a vegetarian.

• I love meat. All kinds. I couldn't ever be vegetarian but I can understand why some choose to be. It's terribly sad the way animals are killed for us.

• I can't be against meat... it's yum >.>
    But I dislike it that we people hunt down exotic animals which become extinct, just because it's tasty in soup or something

• I love meat and I love animals too. But I don't think I could ever go vegan or vegetarian.

• Yes I am. I don't really have a reason I've been eating it since I was a child.

• Yeah I love meat

• Chicken is one of my favorite food to eat.
    :)
    So, yes.

• i'm ok with it

• I eat meat moderately. Mainly free range or organic. My body needs it.

• I think we eat too much meat from too bad quality.

• I don't eat meat but I don't have a problem with anyone else eating it though.

• Meat is delicious. Animals were meant to be used to help humans and nourishment is one way.

• yes I eat regularly meat

• I'm a vegetarian since 4 years and I don't meat 'cause I watched some documentations and a bet...

• I don't like eat meat.

• Im ok with it