How can I get over my fear?

I'm really scared of going outside or going anywhere right now because I just read a story about a girl who was stoned to death when she got home. I'm even scared to leave the curtains in my bedroom opened. Good thing I don't live in a town. I live way out on a country road with only a few people around. The closest relative I have living next to me is my uncle he lives across a street. My husband is the same age as the girl he's 17 I'm 22 too which is why we still live at home with my parents until he finishes school. There's no one else living around us you can't even see the road because of all the trees. Like I said my uncle is the only family member who lives close to us and his house is the only one I can see from mine but after reading that story I'm still scared to go outside or even go into town. How can I get over it?

Most Helpful Girl

• you need to realize that that was ONE story! there are 7 BILLION people in the world and stuff like that never actually happens!

Most Helpful Guy

• Can you talk to your family when they come home about your fears?

What Girls Said 2

• I think your overreacting, this won't happen to you... this woman obviously has a REALLY messed up husband or something... this stuff happens yes but it doesn't mean it will to the majority of us, so i think relax and get some sun.

• I know it's scary, but you can't hide in your bedroom forever. Life's risky and dangerous, and you know what they say- "no one has ever survived life", just live them normally without any fear.
    Anything can happen any minute. A plane can crash on your house, you can walk down the street and suddenly break your ankle. I'm not trying to freak you out, I'm sorry if it seems like I do-but I'm actually scared of a lot of things myself, so I know that even if life's scary, it goes on.
    You just have to keep living them like you normally do and hope nothing will happen.

ps. Crimes are very rare, it's just the news are everywhere so it seems like life has gotten really dangerous. Truth is, everything will turn out to be just fine. Don't worry, be happy! :)

What Guys Said 3

• Of hey just calm down and enjoy your life... don't line in fear!!!
    And by the way how can your husband be 17? And you be 22 😮?

• Every town or city has different people so the chance wouldn't be as high

• The best way to get over any fear is to face them with confidence.