What is the oily white substance in my hair?

I've had this oily white powder in my hair for quite a while now and I'm not sure what it is. It is accompanied with itching and gets worse when my hair hasn't been washed for a few days. There is no redness. The powder comes out under my nails when I scratch my head, it looks like conditioner with flakes in it (I don't put conditioner in my scalp only my roots) I've been searching the Internet for answers for a few hours and haven't found much so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Also, does anyone else get this?

Most Helpful Guy

What Guys Said 1

• Ummm... first things first, why don't you talk to your parents? Is this some kind of thing nowadays that for every normal teenage problem you have to go on the internet and ask other people? What you are experiencing are most likely dandruff. I don't know if you can completely get rid of them, but there are special shampoos and stuff to help "fight" with them.

• I've asked them and they don't know but thanks for the stereotype! :)

What Girls Said 2

• Probably dandruff.

• it sounds like dandruff to me.