What was the saddest moment in you're life?

my older brother died in afghaistain in 2008 i found out in school that day when two army soldiers came to my school and handed me his dogtag and a letter he wrote to me incase he died. i remember going on the floor and screaming and crying at the moment when i found out he died when i was 13 and i miss him even more each day. i have never been able to get over his death. the saddest part was he had only four days left in his deplyoment when he died and i couldnt wait to see him. i was going to take the day off from school and we were both going to spend the day at home togther and watch every episode of friends togther. i still have all the dvds of friends in my house and i haven't opened them and never will. so what was the saddest moment in you're life

Most Helpful Girl

• I think its when my best friend cut me out of her life after 18 years of friendship. She was the only person I loved who had never done anything to hurt me so when she cut me out it hurt a lot. It is a tough battle but you can survive it and he would have wanted you to survive and so do the people who care for you now. You need to allow yourself to get past the pain though. Forgive yourself enough and tell yourself - it is okay to feel happy today. It is okay to feel good today. It is okay to love somebody else today. It is okay to trust people and build new relationships and friendships.

Most Helpful Guy

• Around 13 years ago.. I think, there were a lot of
    accidents happening around me.

My father, my uncle and my grandmother passed away
    three of my friends attempted suicide, two of them "succeeded".

It left me with a clouded mind for some time.

What Girls Said 2

• Awe shoot. Thats awful, he's always with you though (:
    The saddest moment of my life was waking up one morning when i was eight and seeing my grandma siting in her Rocking chair dead. She had a very rare form of cancer, there's only been 20 known cases. It killed her within six months of the diagnosis. I miss her and i wish she was here to meet my daughter. One day though (:

• I can't get over how sad that is 😢😢😢😢. I'm so sorry. I'm a huge Friends fan too. Saying goodbye to my 42 year old aunt on life support is mine.

What Guys Said 1

• Similar story as it was involved w/ the military. One of my best friends in high school went in with me and we did the buddy system. We wrestled in highschool.. We double teamed a chick before lol. We were tight. Went to bootcamp together and everything. His parents had to sign the waiver for him to leave because he was 17. He insisted on going 0311 even though a lot of guys tried to talk him out of it. His unit got deployed pretty quickly after he finished ITB. Was in the fleet for only two weeks. Two weeks in his deployment his 2nd lt ordered a dangerous convoy route that EOD hadn't greened yet and he was up front. Hit an IED and got blown up. Took a lot of small arms fire after that but it was the actual blast that killed him. When I found out that news it really hit me hard. Really hard. I lost my sanity for a good while. It's fucking war man and that's what we signed up for. I'm still learning to accept his death. I just feel bad for the parents because of that guilt that they must have because they signed that waiver. I still keep in contact with his parents today. Just seeing them makes me want to cry though man.. you can just see that they are utterly destroyed in their eyes. I pray for you and your family man. I know how tragic that loss must of been for you.