Do you think its normal that I still think about and miss my grandma that died?

It been almost 6 years now and I am still not over it. I still cry sometimes and everything. Its hard on me I still feel like it happened the other day. The worse and good part that I have her full name. So I would never forget her. My mom says when I was younger she was very close to me. And would take me to her room and give me candy to eat. Before she died I would see her at the nursing home. The nurse said she would always call my name out at night and would cry. It broke my heart in a million pieces but I was young I couldn't take care of her. I would go see her and bush her hair at the nursing home and paint her nails. I miss her so much..

Most Helpful Guy

• Grief can be handled, but never taken away. Everyone experiences this after losing a loved one. People will remember someone they lost decades later as still take a moment to mourn. It's Human, and is a testament to the bond you had with your grandmother.

Most Helpful Girl

• First i wanna say that im so sorry for your loss. I lost my grandma too & its been a little over a year now. I miss her a lot & i think about her too. I even dream about her. My point is, I thinks it's completely normal, I mean that was ur loved one & i don't think anyone really ever gets over it completely. I think the pain eases over time but u still will have memories of that person & thoughts. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Yes, it happens to me like all sudden it hits me and i start missing my
    grandma , grand-dad, my mom, Uncles ,, my maternal grandma was
    closer to us and she make Sunday dinners, cooked on holidays but
    i can feel what your going through it can be rough ,

• Of course it is she's family and you are very close to her Its always going to be like this for life

• Nah its fine and understandable too. Just remember a part of here is literally with you

• Thank you your so sweet 😊

• Yup I ran into a problem like this with a very close friend of mine who was a christian and had lost a relative... her father. She was questioning my beliefs as an atheist and I had to come up with a solution since science doesn't offer much emotional support... so I thought about it and gave her an answer along the lines of what I told you. It is irrefutable that a portion of them will always be with you, so no matter where they go or where you go they will essentially be with you to the very end... DNA can prove this and the way we are raised can reflect the ideas and judgements given to us by our parents and even grandparents:) Hope this helps

• How is it not normal? I still think about my two grandpas every now and then.

• MIne died 2 years ago and I still miss her

• yes its totally normal

What Girls Said 7

• Everyone grieves differently. Sometimes it takes a while to recover. Sometimes there are deaths you just can't get over and that's okay. You really cared about her and it sounds like she really loved you. Remember the happy times with your grandma, and trust that she would want you to have as many happy moments as you can, even after she is gone.

• Aww!! Thank you you actually made me cry 😢. But I know you are right. My grandma wants me to live and be happy as always

• I'm sorry for your loss. I personally think it's perfectly normal. I still think of my maternal grandpa even though it's been three years. Whenever I'm feeling sad and there isn't anyone to comfort me, and when I think about him (bc he was the one that always comfort me whenever I'm sad or wtv) I usually end up crying. What made it worse was that I never got to see him for the last time, he was in the hospital for a week and on the morning of his passing, it was 4am and the nurse only called us two minutes before he passed away. It hurts me a lot, up until now. Even writing this makes my eyes watery.. 😢

• It's normal as long as it a once in a while thing and it doesn't make you cripplingly depressed.

• Yeah it is once in awhile. I mean I live a pretty normal life. But my grandma does cross my mind here and there. It all started because I seen a question on here that said. Who would you never forget and my grandma came to my mind nd I got sad and started crying a little bit. I really do love her and miss her a lot. I wish she was still alive.

• Well, how frequently do you think about her?
    How often do you find yourself crying over her?
    Do you feel guilty, like you could have done something for her?
    Are you experiencing any physical symptoms?
    You may or may not be experiencing complicated grieving. But it still is perfectly normal to remember your grandmother from time to time. But if it is more of a constant thing for you, then it concerns me that you may be experiencing complicated grieving.

• It's perfectly normal, my grandma died years ago but she raised me and I was closer to her than my real mom. I still think about her like 20 times a day and for months after she died, I would still buy two of everything so I could bring it home to her, I would just forget she wasn't there anymore, I still do that sometimes lol. I think all of those things are normal, it's impossible to forget people and how much they mean to you just because they're gone.

• Of course it's normal sometimes it can be very hard to get over a person that you were close to or you didn't even get to meet them. My stepbrother got shot because he was hanging around the wrong crowd of people and I didn't get a chance to meet him :( </3 sorry for your loss sis *hugs*

• You will never fully get over her. Its normal. Chin up luv.