Why do so many people here think they are good looking?

probably 99% of the girls and guys i seen here are not even close tbh lol

Most Helpful Girl

• Wow you're a bit rude. Why don't you want people to feel confident in themselves? We live in a world where insecurities are a social norm. It's extremely rare to meet a person who is 100% comfortable in their own skin. Would you rather everyone on here was really insecure and unconfident and not like themselves, or everyone loved themselves no matter what they look like. Besides, beauty has no definition. Just because you think someone is unattractive, doesn't mean everyone else does too. So tbh you should stop trying to put people down. Just let people love themselves and be happy.

Most Helpful Guy

• I mean, what's your standard? There are degrees of "good looking." Most of us aren't models, is that being held against us? Can I still walk out of my house feeling confident even though you won't see me on the cover of a magazine? And did I miss something? Is being a looker a requirement for GAG? Honestly, from what I've seen around here there are more decent looking people than I'd expect from a bunch of Internet randos.

What Girls Said 16

• Well, do you think you are good looking? I don't see anything wrong with having confidence and if someone does think they are attractive, why does it matter? Their opinion of themselves is not hurting anyone else. Just because someone thinks they are attractive doesn't mean you're obligated to agree.

• no i think barely average, and over confidence and cockiness is bad

• Look again, I didn't make that comment. All I said was that someone's opinion of themselves does not automatically mean they are cocky.

• ouch i am sorry, i meant @sjoes006

• To be honest, everyone should think they're good looking.

Confidence is to be encouraged. You NEED to love yourself to get by in this world.
    Of course arrogance is another thing entirely lol. But no one should try to put anyone down lol

• yeah but i see so many girls here go like "not my type" to most guys and guys talk like they are adonis or sth. So thats where it gets funny

• i dont see the problem here. so should they leave now or? lol

• lol no, but they shouldn't be cocky for sure

• i guess some are, but tbh a lot of the good looking people i've seen here are quite easy going.

• There are some good looking people here though. It all depends on your standards of what you consider attractive/good looking. Everyone is different in that sense. One person might think I'm really good looking while another might think I'm ugly. I'm neither, lol.

• Just cause we ugly, as according to you, doesn't mean that we cannot have our own preference (ie my type or not my type etc).

Even if there are people that say they're attractive, then let them be. You don't have to call anyone ugly or cocky for that matter. You are not obligated to agree to that. Which is why I shut my mouth if I don't have anything nice to say, unless I'm terribly pissed lol

• maybe they are over confident... just saying
    memeguy.com/.../-overconfidence-12919.jpg

• Because I am. 😉

• There's nothing wrong with thinking you're good looking. Chances are you're not actually good looking, but it doesn't hurt anyone for you to have the confidence in yourself.

• There is nothing wrong with being confident, but when that confidence turns to arrogance, that's another thing.
    I read the comments and saw you with that "not my type" thing. Because we are ugly (as you say) we can't like or dislike certain looks?

• tbh yes, u dont put people down on something u lack yourself.

• @abundantlyrich

• Well, that's not very nice. I happen to think that there are quite a few good looking people on this site.

• I dunno, I just see myself as decent enough. People have different tastes though, you can never please everyone.

• You are not good looking either.

• Does it matter whether others find us attractive, the only person that matters is ourselves. I do find myself attractive :)

• gee thanks

• What if people are just confident about themselves? Accepted who they are, proud of themselves?

• Some suffer from arrogance and overconfidence. Others might appear that way but they are actually very insecure and want people to find them attractive. Then there are some that are quite attractive.

What Guys Said 12