Why so many Americans like Bob Marley?

now i don't mind i'm glad the music of Jamrock is reaching an international audience an where it is today, the most listened to musid on d planet another thing is them white boy an girls them act as if they been through struggles like us, they must realzie this music was not intended for them it was because of the Caribbean people so next time don't act as if the music was made for u

Most Helpful Girl

• As a fellow black person I understand what you are saying, but I think we shouldn't bring politics like that into it. Everyone is free to listen to whatever they want as long as they know that certain songs have struggle undertones that they can realize and not pretend to have experienced.

Most Helpful Guy

• I've met and worked with a few of the Wailers, gracious men who were glad that their music reached a broad audience. Music is made to express ones soul, it's not made for one group of people. I'm a musician, I've worked with many big names.(I used to work as a sound enginer for a medium sized sound company) And I am sure that Bob Marley would b glad to know that his music speaks to you, and also be glad to know that it speaks to a rich white American.

• screw all u an u people think ur women are the best only low lives go after u white americans also any women of another race o go after u all are insecure

What Girls Said 1

What Guys Said 4

• There's a saying that music is the universal language and no one owns it. So I have to disagree with you

• Man.. with all respect. .. fuck your question. .. I'm just like u.. and I love it when people listen to my music to feel it and to know the struggle in it. .. that would spread respect between people. .. so don't try to make it racist because u think it's racist... u know what... u want to own it because there's a hole in u, makes u feel less than others. ... nobody owns music... music is for everyone. .. and to all...
    Just... people stop being racist

• had u said that to my fact, there would of been a fight

• Maan... just grow up. .. u know i used to say that sentence when i was 14.. that sentence u just said. .. but if u would like to make a fight. ... make it with words. ..

• As the song by Macka B says

''Everybody loves BoB Marley everywhere I go it's the same old story (BOB!). People of all nation them love the rastaman vibrations''

• Marley's father was white.