What is the most valuable advice anyone has ever given you?

Most Helpful Guy

• "LIfe's too short to hang around with assholes." - My friend's dad when we were in high school.

Most Helpful Girl

• I don't know if this is the most valuable advice, but it's something thats stuck with me for a long time.. one of my best friends told me this a long time ago."Take one step at a time."
    i tend to worry a lot and get really anxious about things. i try to remember to just worry about whats going on right now, take one step at a time, and it'll all sort itself out.

What Guys Said 10

• "Life is hard work, and you have to do it sooner or later; so you might as well get it done sooner, because it only gets harder the longer you wait." (Grandfather).

"Don't expect to get more out of life than what you put into it." (Father).

"The world owes you nothing! It was here first." (Mark Twain, on "entitlement" or people who think they "deserve" things).

• My mom said when I was about 7 or 8, "Learning to listen, is one of the important skills you will ever have when you grow up."

My dad said to me recently, "Women don't want to fuck some boy. They want to fuck a man. Be a man. Don't be one of these fucking pansies I see around here all the time."

A history professor for a Cold War class seminar I took, once said, "Don't let your mind become dormant. Actively listen. Cross analyze everything you hear, and dissect the intent, perspective and reasoning why anything is said. Only sheep follow anything at face value."

------

It's hard to pick ONE piece of advice, so I shared them all!

• Don't do drugs.

Unfortunately I didn't listen and it fucked up my life pretty bad. My life would have been very different if I had listened.

• make sure to fuck a lot of girls when they are young.

• Whatever happens in life don't congratulate or berate yourself too much. Your choices are half chance. So are everyone else's.

• "You're going to come across those sorts of people. It's just part of life. You don't have to be friends with them, though. You only have to tolerate them."
    (or words to that effect)

• Everyone is self serving. Everyone has an agenda.

• @joahz10nt told meh to look for another Muslim cutie :'(

• "Don't spend money you haven't earned yet", from my dad.

Apparently good advice, as everyone else I know are fucked up in massive debts, screwed over by banks on a massive scale, leeching their incomes through a lifetime and impeding their freedom.

I don't have much to show off, but what I have is mine.
    And the freedom is priceless.

• I've posted this one before

If you sit down to a hand of cards and you don't see any suckers at the table, then it's you.

What Girls Said 1