Divorced men or men who have a child from a previous relationship/marriage, how and when do you tell a woman you like about that stuff?

I'm interested in hearing how men who are starting over go about starting a new relationship.

Are you hesitant to ask a woman out because you fear that even though she likes you she might not like to be with a divorced man or a man who has a child?

When do you tell a woman that you're divorced or that you have a child? if you like her and you think she likes you but she doesn't know those facts about you. Do you tell her while you ask her on a date, or on the date itself or in a different way?

Most Helpful Guy

• I don't ask women out anymore because I no longer have the finances to afford a relationship. So your question is moot.

• you're old, you should figure it out

• You'd be shocked what happens to your wealth due to divorce, especially as a man. Perhaps a little less ignorance on your part would be helpful.

What Guys Said 4

• It's one of the first things discussed

• how and when? do you bring it up before or during the date? do u mind including details please? let's say you like me and you think I kinda like you. we work for the same company in different departments. How do u bring this up?
      Do you bring it up by talking about it with a coworker in front of the girl you like? do you bring your kid to work? do you tell her something about it the first time you talk to her?

• If it were an office workplace you'd see the photos of my kids on my desk. I was an aircraft mechanic and I kept photos on the inside lid on my tool chest. Otherwise it would be something I'd mention to her and ask if she had any. At your age this should be commonplace

• we work in different departments. we pass by each other frequently but we don't know each other enough for him to bring such a thing up.

• If I was in that situation I think you should tell anyone straight away.

• what if you don't know the person yet? you've had minimal interaction with them, and there's no way to just bring it up

• As soon as possible - It would not be fair to allow feelings to develop or go on a date without mentioning the fact

• It's always one of the first things i talk about.

• how and when? do u mind including details please? let's say you like me and you think I kinda like you. we work for the same company in different departments. How do u bring this up?

• you can't just approach a woman you barely know and tell her hey well i'm divorced would like to go out with me?

• Yeah but once we start to talk i let her know. It's not fair to her or me to start it all on a lie.

• I have hardly dated while having pre-teen kids.
    I've been pretty up front about it, and it has been a dealbreaker almost every single time.
    Eventually I just dropped dating completely and focused on my kids.
    Just getting back in the game after 12 years.

And I have no clue what I'm doing.

• how do you do it upfront? you approach a woman and say hi, I'm X, I'm divorced and have kids and I'm wondering if you'd like to go out with me?

because I'm talking about situations where you don't know the person yet, let's say a coworker in another department of the same company. so you just know who the person is by face and have interacted with them a few times.

What Girls Said 0