Have you ever been to counseling?

Would you judge someone for going to counseling?

• Yes I've been
  • No i have not

Most Helpful Guy

• Counseling can be for many things. It can be useful for individuals, couples, and families. People who attend counseling are looking for help and answers. Many people avoid counseling because they do not see that they have a problem, or refuse to listen to someone else. Would you rather be with someone who admits they have a problem and are trying to fix it, or someone who refuses to admit their problems? Nothing wrong with making yourself better.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, I would not judge them. In fact, I would respect that decision. It's a bold move for someone to admit to themselves that they have a problem/issue/concern and try to do something about it. Admirable more than anything!

What Guys Said 5

• For many years. Suffer from major depression and still see my psychiatrist for my meds. One thing to know is counseling does work but its directly proportional to the honesty you put in it. If they ask how often you masturbate or have sex you suck it up and tell them. They're not asking to be nosy. They're asking to see if your having sexual side effects from any meds they put you on and also because sex is a normal part of everyday life and if you're not having it or don't have a sex drive they want to know why. Understand?

• I have been, and I still do occasionally when things become overwhelming. I don't see anything wrong with that, and likewise wouldn't judge people for that.

• Yes, i been getting counseling for quite many years
    and i would never judge anyone getting counseling ,,

• I haven't, but consueling exists to help people. So, I wouldn't jugde people who need help.

• Yes i did after my grandma who raised me passed away

What Girls Said 4

• i haven't, and no id never judge someone for admitting they need help and making a move to get back on track.

• I see a therapist and a psychiatrist on a regular basis and I was admitted to a psychiatric hospital for a month SO... I have no room to judge. I don't care if people know. There's nothing to be ashamed of about going to see a therapist or whatever. Anyone who says there is, is a dick.

• I have been to counseling for multiple things, primarily anxiety and depression. So no, I wouldn't judge.

• I went to counseling earlier this year when I was extrememly depressed. It didn't reallly help that much... but there's no shame in seeing one. People have problems and thats ok.